Alright im trying to decide what to get between these two brands and i need your guys' help. I am either going for a mustaine dean v or a m standard series esp ltd. Just tell me what ya think.
Obviously you like metal, but maybe be a bit more specific? Price limit? Any requirements in the guitar? (22/24 frets, floyd, active/passive pups, etc)
ESP

No question.
Quote by RazorbackDevil
This man is cool in my book. He apparently likes boobs as much as me.
Quote by cerveza
as does that one.
+1
Quote by .Will.
+100
Quote by Lamrick21
yeah ill +1 that one.

i smell a hate thread brewing!

you're kidding..........right?

ESP.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

The dean and the Esp are both around 400 so yeah. both of the pickups arnt that good but i would replace the pickups with dimarzio x2ns. they are passive so yeah.
DEAN. What is with this ESP fad... ask yourself what would Dimebag Darrell do? or look at some Jacksons.. I'm not really a big fan of japan metal guitars like ibanez or ESP
Dimebag Darrell would sue dean for ever selling suck pieces of crap especially in the low end sector but then again low end LTDs are incredible either but i'd definitely go for the esp or a jackson or ibanez
The nice part about being a pessimist is that you are constantly being either proven right or pleasantly surprised
-George Will

Also caught her playing fallout boy on my guitar, changed my strings and cleaned it the next day.
I dont think its a fad bro to be honest. Most people play em cause they have good metal tone and thats why the are preferred. I Don't really like Pantera but i like Dimebags riffs but i dont like his tone its to airy for me( if that makes any sense at all.)
ESP! I love both my ESPs. I do wish I would have at least tried a Dean when I was at that guitar shop getting my M-100FM.
Main Gear:
guitars;
Gibson LPJ
Squire CLASSIC VIBE Stratocaster 60's
PRS SE Custom 24
Epiphone Sheraton II

amps;
Bugera 1990, 6260
Egnater Tweaker
yeah since Agathis is great right sorry only one is agathis but i wouldn't trust basswood on the 50 series
The nice part about being a pessimist is that you are constantly being either proven right or pleasantly surprised
-George Will

Also caught her playing fallout boy on my guitar, changed my strings and cleaned it the next day.
all right people who keep saying that deans suck are spilling crap out of their mouths i play deans have played since day one of my guitar days and am looking forward to buying a new vendetta 4

and yes i have a dean vendetta(120$) and dean shadow(700$) love them both to death.

deans nail a classic tone i did play and did like the Mustaine V its not thier best guitar

i am not trying to bash esp. I am a huge lamb of god fan and i play thier stuff on my dean shadow with a line 6 spider III 2x10 combo amp on metal red light runnin with a ds-1 and it sounds amazing so

its all preference but against my dean love i would have to say the mustain V is not as good as the esp but check dean out
Quote by josh0527
all right people who keep saying that deans suck are spilling crap out of their mouths i play deans have played since day one of my guitar days and am looking forward to buying a new vendetta 4

and yes i have a dean vendetta(120$) and dean shadow(700$) love them both to death.

deans nail a classic tone i did play and did like the Mustaine V its not thier best guitar

i am not trying to bash esp. I am a huge lamb of god fan and i play thier stuff on my dean shadow with a line 6 spider III 2x10 combo amp on metal red light runnin with a ds-1 and it sounds amazing so

its all preference but against my dean love i would have to say the mustain V is not as good as the esp but check dean out

Your Dean doesn't nail the tone, your amp does.

Most of the tone comes from your amp, you play a modeler which doesn't flatter or take away from guitar tone. If you plugged your Vendetta into a valve amp, you probably wouldn't be as impressed with it.

As for the other imports like the Shadow ML, well, they're alright guitars. They are definately overpriced for what they are. I would only pay 400-500 for the set neck Dime ML guitars or the Shadow ML.

The lower end ESP/LTD guitars walk all over the import Deans.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Deans, I have this hatred towards ESP.
Dean From Hell
Boss Metal Zone MT-2
Marshall Valvestate 2000
ESP all the way..
Not the low end ones..like the m50 though..Like the m200+

LOL A dave v? rip off...Go with the ESP LTD =]
The gear.
Schecter S1 Diamond series.
ESP NV.
Randall G3 200W
Dunlop cry-baby wah (finally)
Line 6 spider III 15x (Small but deadly)
I can't stand that dean headstock on most of their guitars lol
-------------------------------
Faded Gibson SG Special - Black ice mod
Seymour Duncan SH-5 in bridge
B-52 AT 112
Ted Weber Mass100 attenuator
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial
Sigh. Dean has officially been flushed out by this thread. Dave Mustaine shall make a song about this.

"what do ya mean you pick esp over dean, I pick dean everyday" "If theres a new ESP, Ill be the first in line, but it better work this time."

just thought of that. But ESP is not totally bad i guess. I play Kirks esp ltd from time to time
Quote by giver1124
Sigh. Dean has officially been flushed out by this thread. Dave Mustaine shall make a song about this.

"what do ya mean you pick esp over dean, I pick dean everyday" "If theres a new ESP, Ill be the first in line, but it better work this time."

just thought of that. But ESP is not totally bad i guess. I play Kirks esp ltd from time to time

Well, the TS isn't talking about the ESP DV8. In fact, the ESP/LTD he's looking at isn't even a V.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
I play stuff that sounds like dillinger escape plan and circle takes square. I have been playing for like 11 years so im not new at guitar stuff but i just traded in some equipment for a thunderbird and an ampeg Ba-115. I like the feel of both of them and im replacing the pickups on either one i get so yeah.
i had ESP and it didn't last.....so im for Dean....mainly the Dime Cemetery Gates......
Amen...Oh Wait....
Im Getting Dizzy....
My Bad.....
Quote by giver1124

"dean sells, but whose buying?"

...hopefully not you TS. get the ESP
Quote by pedaler466
Shreadhead22 had nothing helpful to say to me. He just immediatly started being a prick.

Quote by Yngwi3
Shredhead's advice is the best in the thread.

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
ESP. Period. but I'd save a bit more and go for a M/MH-400. much better.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
a mustaine dean?
really?

my god

ESP!!!!

"Ein Herz von flimmernden Hirngespinsten,
Ohne Halt und ohne Boden.
Feuer des Winters,
Herr der Träume,
Vater aller Türen: Öffne!"
Paysage d'Hiver - Ich schreite