Page 1 of 2
Ok guys, it's a Friday night and I am very hungry, I've looked around in my house, and decided I want to make myself an omlette and shrimp, because both of them are totally amazing.

Now, I am what I would call a pretty good cook, and the omlette will be no problem. I do, however, need some easy dipping sauce for the shrimp. I have looked everywhere and can't find any lemon or lemon juice to make the usual lemon-butter-herb dipping sauce that I love so much. The shrimp will be fried on stovetop in oil, if that limits what sauce will work at all, I've never done much with shrimp before, so idk.

So, I need a good, easy, fast shrimp dipping sauce. GO!
Ketchup + horseraddish = WIN.

Sucks you can't do the butter though. If I were you I'd batter the shrimp, especially if you have some coconut, no sauce needed
Founder of UG's David Bowie Fan Club. Pm to join.

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.
Quote by Doppelgänger
Aw, damn. I wish I could cook. I'm hungry as well.

Start learning, Its a great skill to have.

1. Melt butter and over medium heat until slighty brown
2. add pepper, spices (cajun seasoning would be ace), diced onions, a wee bit of suger, and some Worcestershire sauce.
3. Add in chicken broth and fish sauce if you'd like.
4. Bring to a rapid boil and immediately reduce heat to simmer.
5.????
6.PROFIT!
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by zekk
Ketchup + horseraddish = WIN.

Sucks you can't do the butter though. If I were you I'd batter the shrimp, especially if you have some coconut, no sauce needed

Wow, sorry but that sounds terrible lol.
Any other suggestions?
Quote by Black Wizards
Wow, sorry but that sounds terrible lol.
Any other suggestions?

The ketsup and horseraddish or the coconut shrimp?

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
1. Melt butter and over medium heat until slighty brown
2. add pepper, spices (cajun seasoning would be ace), diced onions, a wee bit of suger, and some Worcestershire sauce.
3. Add in chicken broth and fish sauce if you'd like.
4. Bring to a rapid boil and immediately reduce heat to simmer.
5.????
6.PROFIT!

I don't have most of that atm
Just fry them in oil, butter and garlic salt.
Gibson SG Special Ebony
Epiphone Sheraton w/ Seymour Duncan JB and SH-1 '59
Fender 1985 Made in Japan Stratocaster
Ibanez S470 DXQM Charcoal Brown
Simon Patrick CW Spruce Top Acoustic
Quote by zekk
The ketsup and horseraddish or the coconut shrimp?

Well I hate coconut in the first place, but I don't think ketchup and horseraddish would be good with shrimp at all.
Quote by teamzaius
Just fry them in oil, butter and garlic salt.

This is exactly the type of **** I am looking for, I didn't even think of garlic. Good call man, I will probably do this unless anyone has anything that sounds better?
for my first serious post the ketchup and horseradish is actually quite delicous
I'm so hip your grandpa broke me.
Quote by Black Wizards
This is exactly the type of **** I am looking for, I didn't even think of garlic. Good call man, I will probably do this unless anyone has anything that sounds better?

Yeah real garlic, if you have it, would be much better.
Gibson SG Special Ebony
Quote by Black Wizards
Well I hate coconut in the first place, but I don't think ketchup and horseraddish would be good with shrimp at all.

Well thats the basic shrimp cocktail sauce you get served anywhere.

And YES to the garlic. Do you have any butter? If so just saute them with garlic and butter.

I have real garlic and butter, as well as an assortment of herbs and spices that I imagine would go great with shrimp.

Also, I've never had shrimp cocktail sauce... hmm
Quote by Black Wizards
I have real garlic and butter, as well as an assortment of herbs and spices that I imagine would go great with shrimp.

Also, I've never had shrimp cocktail sauce... hmm

You've never had shrimp cocktail?! God my friend, you're missing out! Make it and try it, you really don't have to much to lose. I'd say one table spoon of horseraddish for every cup of ketsup, more if you like a little more kick. (rought measurements)

And what herbs and spices do you have? How far are you willing to go to prepare them?

Quote by freedoms_stain
Shrimp omelette?

I'm now tempted to go eat the prawns I know are sitting in the fridge...

I've thought about a shrimp omlette lol, I can't decide if that would be delicious or terrible... So was that a serious suggestion lol?
Quote by Black Wizards
I've thought about a shrimp omlette lol, I can't decide if that would be delicious or terrible... So was that a serious suggestion lol?

I don't, personally, think sea food and egg's go together well. But thats just me. Especially shrimp and the like. The texture seems like it would just be... weird as fuck

Quote by Black Wizards
Slightly fishy eggs? I can't see it being tasty dude.
Quote by zekk
You've never had shrimp cocktail?! God my friend, you're missing out! Make it and try it, you really don't have to much to lose. I'd say one table spoon of horseraddish for every cup of ketsup, more if you like a little more kick. (rought measurements)

And what herbs and spices do you have? How far are you willing to go to prepare them?

I dislike horseraddish, and we don't have any anyway lol. As for herbs and spices, I'm 15 and live at home with my mom, so I'd assume just about everything because we cook a lot of homemade food. I can't really name any unique ones off the top of my head, but we've got a big cabinet full of spices and herbs lol.

EDIT: Yeah the shrimp omlette does actually sound pretty bad, and I would rather not take a long time with this meal, as I am pretty hungry and not picky with how it looks, but I'm willing to take the time to make it taste great.
Last edited by Black Wizards at Apr 26, 2008,
I don't, personally, think sea food and egg's go together well. But thats just me. Especially shrimp and the like. The texture seems like it would just be... weird as fuck

It'd be like eating a latex glove. Put a bit of oil in when you fry because it lets the butter boil at a higher temperature than butter alone.

Quote by Black Wizards
Everything you have said has been fail, enjoy your celibacy.

lol
Gibson SG Special Ebony
WHOA wait, I thought shrimp was boiled in oil, then usually dipped in some other butter/cocktail sauce or something. Are you telling me that I am supposed to cook it in butter? I've only made shrimp once before and can't really remember how I did it.

Enother edit: Yeah A1 steaksauce is probably the greatest thing known to man, but it would be impossible to integrate it into a delicious shrimp/omlette meal.
Heat pan. When hot, add butter and let it melt then add a bit of oil. Then add chopped garlic, then shrimp. Fry until the shrimp change colour and then you're done.
Gibson SG Special Ebony
Quote by teamzaius
It'd be like eating a latex glove. Put a bit of oil in when you fry because it lets the butter boil at a higher temperature than butter alone.

lol

And avoid low smoke point oils like olive oil (Which isnt a great frying oil anyway, imo). And its not the butter boiling, its just the water evaporating and fat melting (Nitpicky i know)

What I say do is make a simple sort of spice rub with some salt, pepper, old bay, and maybe a little paprika or the like. Then fry in a butter/oil mix until GBAD (or however thats gonna cook up to look)

Quote by Black Wizards
WHOA wait, I thought shrimp was boiled in oil, then usually dipped in some other butter/cocktail sauce or something. Are you telling me that I am supposed to cook it in butter? I've only made shrimp once before and can't really remember how I did it.

Enother edit: Yeah A1 steaksauce is probably the greatest thing known to man, but it would be impossible to integrate it into a delicious shrimp/omlette meal.

Shrimp can be cooked pretty much any way you want, boiled, fried, broiled, grilled, etc. You'd fry it in the butter, and you can make the sauce out of basically anything aswell.

Ok, so I think I know what I want to do, I'm going to boil the shrimp in a butter/oil mixture with garlic, salt, pepper, and maybe a little oriental seasoning and some other herbs and spices I can find, while I cook my delicious ham and cheese omlette.

Thanks guys
Eggs and Shrimp? Something tells me this will not end well.
time machine. Inadvertently, I had created a
Last edited by iceman_8319 at Apr 26, 2008,
Omelette du Fromage?
Schecter Loomis
LTD Horizon
Ibanez RGA121
Marshall DSL100
Peavey 5150

Quote by emagdnimasisiht
haha
This is the funniest thing i've ever read on UG.
lespaulrocks39, you sir are awesome.
Quote by Black Wizards
Why wouldn't eggs and shrimp go well?

Whoops, fixed my typo...

Anyways, with my cooking skills, with that kind of ingredients, I would probably end up with an extreme case of salmonella.
time machine. Inadvertently, I had created a
Holy ****, ****ing update:

Ok, so as I was making the shrimp and getting ready to start the omlette, I noticed my mom had picked up a loaf of bread from the store. I then thought to myself "Holy ****, I like PB & J sandwitches more than omlettes."

I then proceded to make myself a sandwitch and ate it before the shrimp was done.
Once the shrimp was done, I tasted one and it was the most delicious thing I have ever eaten in my life. I have an entire bowl full of these shrimp and they're being munched down fast. I'm happy
Page 1 of 2