Page 1 of 2
So I sold the Mark IV, which was a quite sad loss...but made out like a bandit with the new amp.

Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Beautiful!
Guitars:
Fender Standard Strat
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass
Martin DX1

Amps:
Peavey Classic 50/212

Pedal Board:
Gator 8-Bus
Boss TU-2 Tuner
Digitech Bad Monkey
Ibanez CF7 Chorus/Flanger
ISP Decimator
Dual button footswitch
you son of a...

please tell me you've played it already
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Whoa....how does it compare to the Mark.

I guess you can say I'm in the MARKet. Hahah.

man...that was awful, sorry. but reviews - i'm drooling.
Congrats just picked up a deuce yesterday myself.
Tom Anderson Hollow Classic
72 thin line tele

Barber trifecta fuzz
Mi audio Crunch Box
Clyde Wah
Barber Burn Unit
Ocean efx Texas deuce
Boomerang chorus delay
Barber ltd

1971 Pro reverb
Fender acoustasonic
Fender super champ xd
Quote by UnsignedRecords
you son of a...

please tell me you've played it already

Haven't played it yet...just went by some friends recommendations and clips on rock solid amps.

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Quote by the-patient
Whoa....how does it compare to the Mark.

I guess you can say I'm in the MARKet. Hahah.

man...that was awful, sorry. but reviews - i'm drooling.

I cant wait to try it out tomorrow.

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Quote by MESAexplorer
Haven't played it yet...just went by some friends recommendations and clips on rock solid amps.

ah man i was hoping you wouldn't say that hahah. well, tomorrow should be a good day
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Congrats! What a nice amp. How good was the deal? Enjoy. I guess we won't be hearing from MESA as much now in the threads.
Quote by gregs1020
Congrats! What a nice amp. How good was the deal? Enjoy. I guess we won't be hearing from MESA as much now in the threads.

Phenomenal pricing. Basically a straight trade for the mark IV.

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Quote by UnsignedRecords
ah man i was hoping you wouldn't say that hahah. well, tomorrow should be a good day

Having two mesa boogies was too redundant.

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
I love even trades, upgrades without up costs. Cha ching. I made money on an MG once, going to heII for that one...
Quote by gregs1020
I love even trades, upgrades without up costs. Cha ching. I made money on an MG once, going to heII for that one...

I have yet to hear it as to whether or not I'm getting an upgrade. I doubt it will be as versatile as the mark IV, but it should fill in the sonic spectrum the Roadking is missing.

If this doesn't suit me I'll probably go for a Diezel Einstein.

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Br00tal.

I heard it can be very versatile though.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by aznrockerdude
Br00tal.

I heard it can be very versatile though.

On the framus site more people use this for like not brootalz, the cobra is for the brutalz guyz.

Although there is a mod for hte dragon where you like add a capacitor and something else and it has the cobra gain channel.

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
At first i thought you sold your Mark IV for a Carvin Legacy. I was thinking "Why? Mark Iv's are better in my opinion?"... Then i saw the next photo .

Nice amp, have lots and lots of fun recording clips for us!
For those who care.
Current Gear
Cort Zenox Z42
Flextone II
Charvel USA So-Cal
Farida M2 Parlour Acoustic
Admira Hand-built Spanish Acoustic
Blackstar HT-5H
Line 6 M13
niceeee. Congrats you gear whore. :stickpoke

clips are in order my friend, I want to hear that beast. Sweet rig mang.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Showing off that beautiful amp without sound clips is just monstrous!
Jackson KV 2, Jackson COW 7 (both in B), Jackson Demmelition V
Bogner Überschall (blue rev)
Marshall 1960B Vintage (2x V30 & 2x G12T75)
TC Electronic G Major
BBE Sonic Maximizer 422A
Weber Mass 150w
ISP ProRackG
T.Racks Dinopower
Quote by Ventor
Showing off that beautiful amp without sound clips is just monstrous!

I'm ordering some recording gear this coming week, should be here in about 2 weeks, no need to worry!

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Quote by MESAexplorer
I'm ordering some recording gear this coming week, should be here in about 2 weeks, no need to worry!

What gear will you be ordering if you don't mind me asking?
Guitars:
Fender Standard Strat
Martin DX1

Amps:
Peavey Classic 50/212

Pedal Board:
Gator 8-Bus
Boss TU-2 Tuner
Digitech Bad Monkey
ISP Decimator
Dual button footswitch

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Quote by MESAexplorer
Phenomenal pricing. Basically a straight trade for the mark IV.

not to rain on your parade or anything, but you realise that in europe a mark IV costs about twice what a dragon does? (though granted, that's because mesa prices are about 100% inflated...)

EDIT: nice amp though, i'm sure it's really nice.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
My first thought was that you got a Legacy combo. I was like, holy ****. Nice new amp!

And then.................

I saw the Dragon.

I am extremely jealous
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
Wow, I'm actually still excited to hear your review.

While creeping your profile, I noticed you had a Road King. I was debating between that and a MkIV.

Any comments on the topic?

Do you think you could PM me, so I wouldn't be taking over your thread?
First when I saw the cab I was like "oooh a legacy" then I saw the next picture and it said framus, my thoughts were "That damn lucky son of a gun".

Congratz mon
Last edited by sum_ugly_man at Apr 26, 2008,
have u already ordered that behringer mixer?, because if you have... i wont say anything
Quote by Dave_Mc
not to rain on your parade or anything, but you realise that in europe a mark IV costs about twice what a dragon does? (though granted, that's because mesa prices are about 100% inflated...)

EDIT: nice amp though, i'm sure it's really nice.

I don't live in Europe and I do realize the Framus isn't as high quality buildwise as mesa, but yet it has a very different flavor, which is what I need. I have a roadking as it is. IMO the roadking is better than the Mark IV in every way except for the total amount of versatility, but yet, the roadking is more versatile at any given time due to having 1 more channel.

I'm going for an American+German tone, the framus when combined with the roadking sounds amazing, the roadking has the highs and recto growl, while the framus has a huge midrange and low end.

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Quote by vitchb
have u already ordered that behringer mixer?, because if you have... i wont say anything

I haven't ordered it yet but I know the fact and fiction about behringer and their mixers are pretty high quality.

I could do a gear thread writeup about Behringer as far as the company works sometime.

If you do have any recommendations to look at I'd love to hear em
Requirements are
Firewire
at least 3 XLR inputs
EQ
Effects is a plus
Under $400

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Quote by MESAexplorer
I don't live in Europe and I do realize the Framus isn't as high quality buildwise as mesa, but yet it has a very different flavor, which is what I need. I have a roadking as it is. IMO the roadking is better than the Mark IV in every way except for the total amount of versatility, but yet, the roadking is more versatile at any given time due to having 1 more channel.

I'm going for an American+German tone, the framus when combined with the roadking sounds amazing, the roadking has the highs and recto growl, while the framus has a huge midrange and low end.

yep, i realise that... if you already have a mesa, as you say, you probably need a slightly different flavour...

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by MESAexplorer
I haven't ordered it yet but I know the fact and fiction about behringer and their mixers are pretty high quality.

I could do a gear thread writeup about Behringer as far as the company works sometime.

Requirements are
Firewire
at least 3 XLR inputs
EQ
Effects is a plus
Under $400

The mixers are alright. The preamps are what suck. Having a mixer for recording purposes is pretty useless, unless it can communicate with the DAW to use the sliders for mixing, which it can't. If you look at interfaces that are strictly interfaces, your money would be going towards better preamps rather than extras that won't do you any good. I'd recommend the Presonus Digimax. 8 preamps of sufficient quality, good AD/DA converters, etc. Known to be one of the best bangs for your buck in the recording world.

Great choice for a mic, though. If you can, I'd recommend finding an older model 609 off ebay. the silver's supposedly aren't as good.
Guitars:
Fender Standard Strat
Martin DX1

Amps:
Peavey Classic 50/212

Pedal Board:
Gator 8-Bus
Boss TU-2 Tuner
Digitech Bad Monkey
ISP Decimator
Dual button footswitch
Quote by MESAexplorer
Having two mesa boogies was too redundant.

yeah, especially having 2 as versatile and non-specific(?) as those two. good for youuu
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

So, why haven't you played it if you have it sitting on the cab ready to play? Also, i know this reply is a bit later than when you made the thread, so my question is aimed to your starting post as i am sure you have played it by now.

And how do you have such great gear with how young you are?
Last edited by DeadMansCurve at Apr 28, 2008,
Well i cant complain about behringer really, great value, but i've just not heard great things from that model, however, what i've found IS good is another behringer, the UB series, prehaps look at them, but mackie have just released small mixers, consider them (better quality)
Quote by DeadMansCurve
So, why haven't you played it if you have it sitting on the cab ready to play? Also, i know this reply is a bit later than when you made the thread, so my question is aimed to your starting post as i am sure you have played it by now.

And how do you have such great gear with how young you are?

I've played it since Saturday. It's a phenominal amp.

I work 35-45 hours for $7.25 an hour at DQ. On the weekends when I'm not working I refinish my great grandparents house for $30 an hour. Save up for a few months buy something nice. Not to mention I jump on good deals, sell high buy low.

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Quote by vitchb
Well i cant complain about behringer really, great value, but i've just not heard great things from that model, however, what i've found IS good is another behringer, the UB series, prehaps look at them, but mackie have just released small mixers, consider them (better quality)

I'm looking for something firewire, a mixer is a plus, not entirely necessary because I have cubase for the recording program. Thanks for your help man!

I believe I'm going with this one
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/PreSonus-FIREBOX-24bit96kHz-FireWire-Recording-System?sku=184133

Looks like a winner to me, your opinion would be appreciated though.

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Last edited by MESAexplorer at Apr 28, 2008,
Quote by MESAexplorer

Requirements are
Firewire
at least 3 XLR inputs
EQ
Effects is a plus
Under $400

There's a Behringer mixer at our church, sure it sounds pretty decent, but it's nowhere near the 200 watts it says on the front, they are very quiet
Quote by Horlicks
There's a Behringer mixer at our church, sure it sounds pretty decent, but it's nowhere near the 200 watts it says on the front, they are very quiet

I'm not looking for a power amp, just a mic preamp.

A 200Watt PA is going to be really quiet. I've heard 1000watt PA's without much force to em.

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Page 1 of 2