http://www.guitarcenter.com/Seymour-Duncan-SH-PG1-Pearly-Gates-Pickup-301100-i1127511.gc

Would one in the neck and one in the bridge be good? I want a clean, smooth good for chords? I'm looking for a slash feel and sound.

or would these be good?

--> http://www.guitarcenter.com/Seymour-Duncan-SH-2N-Jazz-Model-Pickup-300060-i1127395.gc

If none are good, please if you can find some duncans that would be be good on a ESP ltd pb 500. Currently have EMG and dont like the active. By the way, im sorry I installed the EMG's for those who got offended. Thanks to you guys I found that Duncans would be better...^_^
I personally would go dimarzio bro they got way better tone and are passive so yeah its a win win if you get them. you get good lows and highs out of em.
Thank you, anyone have experience with them? Either Dimarzio, Duncans or other passive ones?
Well i have dimarzio X2Ns in my les paul and they give killer gain and all that. Go one www.dimarzio.com and take the pickup picker thing and it will give you what pickup would be good for you. I like duncans too though i have a pair in my shecter but yeah.
SD alnico 2 pro in neck and custom 5 in bridge would sound good
Those would sound pretty good actually. Eltis is on the right track. I would just ask around guitar center and stuff though. Wait what style are ya playin broski?
Quote by Tenkuu
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Seymour-Duncan-SH-PG1-Pearly-Gates-Pickup-301100-i1127511.gc

Would one in the neck and one in the bridge be good? I want a clean, smooth good for chords? I'm looking for a slash feel and sound.

or would these be good?

--> http://www.guitarcenter.com/Seymour-Duncan-SH-2N-Jazz-Model-Pickup-300060-i1127395.gc

If none are good, please if you can find some duncans that would be be good on a ESP ltd pb 500. Currently have EMG and dont like the active. By the way, im sorry I installed the EMG's for those who got offended. Thanks to you guys I found that Duncans would be better...^_^

I'd take the Pearly Gates over the Alnico Pro 2's...don't worry about what too much about what Slash uses, worry about what's going to work best for you.

If you want a bit more bite, immediacy and power from the bridge pickup then go for the Custom 5. Don't touch the JB

[EDIT] I just saw your other thread...your guitar originally had the EXACT SAME pickups that Slash uses. You might as well put them back in rather than waste any more money.

*facepalm*
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Last edited by steven seagull at Apr 26, 2008,
Quote by Horlicks
I bet you anything your amp is terrible

do you know me? Its a fender amp like 14inches ****y as fock but all i could afford. Now, i think ill just buy chorus pedal then....but i want good clean and clear pickups.... like Slash's so ima go look tomorrow for those dimarzio and diuncans.
Quote by Tenkuu
do you know me? Its a fender amp like 14inches ****y as fock but all i could afford. Now, i think ill just buy chorus pedal then....but i want good clean and clear pickups.... like Slash's so ima go look tomorrow for those dimarzio and diuncans.

I'll say it again...

The original pickups your guitar came with are the exact same pickups that Slash uses.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
I'll say it again...

The original pickups your guitar came with are the exact same pickups that Slash uses.

Thank you. Well I know now he uses Duncans and the ones I had too....same kinda. I wen't out and bought pearly gates all black. I'm installing it as a bridge pickup. The ne`k pickup will be like the stock one. Sound good? Any hints/tips/does/dont do?
The pearly gates are awesome... the next one I was gonna recommend was SD antiquities. Probably the closest to original PAFs that ive ever used.
98' 1960 Les Paul Classic
00' 57' Reissue Goldtop Les Paul
92' R0' Historic Les Paul

Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Trem-o-verb 2x12 combo
Mesa 2x12 Rectifier Extention cabinet
Boss GT-8
Korg DTR-1 Rackmount tuner
Sennheiser WZ-300 wireless
Quote by LesPaulFreeek
The pearly gates are awesome... the next one I was gonna recommend was SD antiquities. Probably the closest to original PAFs that ive ever used.

<3 what can I add to it? I want Pearly Gates to go as bridge since everyone seems to do so. Is a SD PH-1 or something like that the alnico pro I good on neck pickup?
I have slashs tone nailed with my LP and the Seymore Duncan antiquities.. I roll the treble all the way off and middle position on the pickup selector. I dont know how they would sound on an ESP though. A buddy of mine put these in his SG and it sounded way different. I think its the big slab of mahogany that a LP is known for.
98' 1960 Les Paul Classic
00' 57' Reissue Goldtop Les Paul
92' R0' Historic Les Paul

Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Trem-o-verb 2x12 combo
Mesa 2x12 Rectifier Extention cabinet
Boss GT-8
Korg DTR-1 Rackmount tuner
Sennheiser WZ-300 wireless
the emgs on my guitar sound nothing like slash at all. They sound more like a black metal status. I am shooting for classy sound.