Hey guys I'm looking for a single coil pickup to have installed into my Ibanez RG 2570 (setup is HB, single, HB).

I'm looking for something that will give me a bit of that strat twang but is also able to give me a nice smooth mellow tone.

Your help would e greratly appreciated.

Thanks,
C.
If you want absolute tonal perfection, there's a boutique winder on this forum called CorduroyEW who hand-winds pickups, and I have a Vintage-style Strat pickup from him. He does a line called "Smooth Groove," made using Alnico V magnets and a special Formvar wire which all the big manufacturers don't use, which gives you a really smooth, clear, chiming tone. Great thing is, he's not that pricey either. I've got his Smooth Groove Custom Extra Warm in my Strat neck and it is just pure Stevie, fat but bright and clear.

www.rockmonkeyguitars.com
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
Quote by MrCarrot
If you want absolute tonal perfection, there's a boutique winder on this forum called CorduroyEW who hand-winds pickups, and I have a Vintage-style Strat pickup from him. He does a line called "Smooth Groove," made using Alnico V magnets and a special Formvar wire which all the big manufacturers don't use, which gives you a really smooth, clear, chiming tone. Great thing is, he's not that pricey either. I've got his Smooth Groove Custom Extra Warm in my Strat neck and it is just pure Stevie, fat but bright and clear.

www.rockmonkeyguitars.com

cool thanks mate I'll check it out!
Quote by will4287
Strat neck pickup?

Yeah I was leaning towards that way but thought there might be something else out there...but thanks!