I have a couple guitars with emg pickups. As for my amp, I have a cube 60. Now, I by no means am a gigging player, just a bedroom sort of metalhead. I actually don't think I've ever been able to get the volume on the cube past 30%. With that in mind, I was thinking of switching to a tube amp.

Now, here's the thing. I have no experience with tube amps and no guitar center around me to try one out. I have a mess of pedals that I can run through a tube amp to hopefully get some metal tones. My question is, is it the right move to go from my loud Cube 60, to say, a blackheart little giant?
The Little Giant wouldn't be ideal for metal in my opinion. It's vintage voiced and when boost only yeilds a sort of early Metal tone.

I say Krank Rev. Jr.

It's a dual channel, 20 watt, metal monster.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Well trust me, I'd LOVE a rev jr, but I simply can't afford one at this point. Hmm, maybe if I ebay my cube, psp and ds I could get close.....
Well I wouldn't really settle for a Little Giant if I was in your position. I would just save up. But hey, that's me!

If you really don't want to wait, the Little giant isn't a BAD amp. It's just not my first choice for teh br00talz.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Hmm, well anything else between the krank and the blackheart that can get me metal tones? Maybe a peavey valveking or something...
The Valveking can do metal tones no problem. The Randall RG50TC would be another option as well as the RM20. A Laney LC15 would be a solid choice too.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Thanks for the help man. Yeah, I'm not sure what to do. I'm hoping I can get rid of the cube and get something else for about the same price. I do like my cube, but from what I hear, I would be getting more our of my EMG's and metal muff from a tube. The three that seem to be in my price range are the blackheart half stack, the valve junior half stack, and the vlavleking 112 or royal 8 combo. What do you think would get me the best sound?
The Valveking 112. That way, you won't need your Muff to get awesome metal tone.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Is the royal 8 way worse than the 112? B/c I can afford the royal 8 right now