uhmm.. I dont think the scale in which the guitar is playing really does suit the bassline.
Try to enrich it a bit, playing 16ths all the time is boring and blues isn`t about playing some
rhythm values all the time.
Quote by kop4
uhmm.. I dont think the scale in which the guitar is playing really does suit the bassline.
Try to enrich it a bit, playing 16ths all the time is boring and blues isn`t about playing some
rhythm values all the time.

Yeah, I know some of it didn't fit, it sort of died when I put the 15th fret bends in, but it was all off the top of my head and I have as much time as I like to write more.

I tried to mix the rhythms up a bit by playing 16th and then 8th and then 16th again for a bit of a jumpy staccato feel with some rests but I'm not sure if it worked out too well.
As kop4 said, the scale of the guitar part don't fit the bass's one.
And the melodies are pretty random.
Ok, I just changed the bass so it would be sort of on-key with the music, sorry about the off key music.

I'm not too sure if it's on key now, but it sounds alright to me.

The new file is up for download in the OP
The problem with this is that you have the guitar switching between keys. It's like playing 0-1-3-0-2-3-0-5-3-0-4-2 or something. It's a really tight idea. It's just not carried out very well. You need to spend a bit more time on this. And before you start improvising and playing around. You need to take a good look at the guitar and at what key you are in. You need to first see what you can and can't hit before you start to improvise. I understand that it was all off the top of your head, but for this one at least, you need to put a bit more thought into it if you want to make it listenable.
I couldn't really see a scale in there anywhere. It is really random at most points. I think that you took a bit of the rhythm from Bloodmeat from Protest The Hero on bar 23. I'd fix it up a bit.