I'm pondering these two. They both play wonderful and look great (although the SRX 750 a bit more stylish) but there are no reviews to be found anywhere on either one, so, I'm wondering if perhaps anyone has played or even owns them.

http://www.thomann.de/nl/ibanez_srx750_ntf.htm
http://www.thomann.de/nl/ibanez_btb670_ntf.htm

I would go for the SR750 if only it had the 3-band EQ the BTB670 has :/
Phrases Label
The Bohemes
---
The White Strat w/Dimebucker
Tokai Explorer Korina
Ibanez RG570 Purple Neon
Gibson Les Paul Deluxe Ebony
Fender Telecaster Apple Red
Dano '59 Burgundy
Ibanez Artcore AM-73
I own a BTB-406QM and I love how it plays and sounds.
------------------
Hm, does anyone perhaps know if either one is active/passive switchable?
Phrases Label
The Bohemes
---
Tokai Explorer Korina
Ibanez RG570 Purple Neon
Dano '59 Burgundy
Ibanez Artcore AM-73
Neither of them have an active/passive switch. I've played them both and they're decent basses - I don't like the feel of the BTB though.
I always wondered how people with active basses prevent it from dying live - say, in the midst of a song. New batteries every day? *wonders*

...and you did like the SRX? They felt not too different, to me.
Phrases Label
The Bohemes
---
Tokai Explorer Korina
Ibanez RG570 Purple Neon
Dano '59 Burgundy
Ibanez Artcore AM-73
Quote by bornfidelity
I always wondered how people with active basses prevent it from dying live - say, in the midst of a song. New batteries every day? *wonders*

...and you did like the SRX? They felt not too different, to me.

Unless you have the ongoing habit of leaving your bass plugged into your amp (say like 12 hours a day), it takes a good year to drain down a 9v in an active.

And to answer you question, I always change my battery before a gig. Its a very cheap insurance policy.
And anyway, if you have any eperience with soldering, you can just get one your your pots replaced with a push/pull pot of an identical value and use that as the active passive switch.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
I like Ibanez's necks lot, but i just cant get over their plain looks, imo.

Great playin basses tho.
Governor of the Jersey Rocks group
PM me to join
Quote by Gmp211
I like Ibanez's necks lot, but i just cant get over their plain looks, imo.

Great playin basses tho.

O_o

Well I love the way they look, and play yea... now I'm just concerned with how they sound.
Phrases Label
The Bohemes
---
Tokai Explorer Korina
Ibanez RG570 Purple Neon
Dano '59 Burgundy
Ibanez Artcore AM-73
I love SRX's. It's probably your best bet. Those pickups in there are absolutely amazing.
"Acoustic Guitars are totally lame and not metal"- Nathan Explosion
SRXs are more bright sounding and BTBs are more middy in my experience. If i had to pick I'd go with the SRX.
i have an ibanez btb 450 qm (older model) even though im a guitarist( for studio purposes) and i love it, great action and feel fo for it
Pros and cons of the BTB: Bart pickups and EQ (high quality, you may or may not like the sound), 35" scale (great for detuning, bad for small hands), funky body shape (well balanced, but not very contoured around the ribcage)
Quote by smb
Neither of them have an active/passive switch. I've played them both and they're decent basses - I don't like the feel of the BTB though.

I have to agree with this man here.

While both are nice basses, the general feel of the SR is alot better than the BTB.
i havent played the SRX
but the BTB was awfull when i tried it
My Gear

Squier VM p-bass(i chosed it over a fender!!!) with quarter pounder and gotoh 201!!
fender MIM P bass
epiphone SG 400
I have an SRX700 that I'm learning on and I think it sounds great. My neighbours were out yesterday so I turned it up and rattled the windows. Love it, nice feel, tone and very versatile. I think it's nice looking too, but I've never been that keen on the shape of the btb.