I'm a sophomore in high school and I was curious about joining the band program next year or my senior year. However there's a problem.. I can't read music. :/ Of course I can read tab but it can only get you so far you know? So can anyone link me or even teach me how to read music notation I'd be very grateful!
Click on Lessons, then the first one on the list. Just progress through the animation, then when you understand that lesson, move on to the next one.

It could be worthwhile printing off some blank notation paper from somewhere like www.blanksheetmusic.net to write examples on and test yourself as you learn.
Just take music theory in school and take beginner band. After the first semester you will be able to read music....
Are there any sites that show examples of notation converted into tablature? Like.. more frequently used chords used in Jazz Choir for example that would help me a lot.

Annd to Jessica, there's no music theory at my school. We just have a band not necessary a beginner band or advanced it's just.. uh band. And there's Jazz choir.

And thanks for the help so far guys.
Your gonna have to study the theory, there's really no point in getting notation converted because then what will you do when the time comes and you need to read music? Go to that music theory think that was posted earlier, it is good stuff. Yes, it takes commitment.
Quote by c4acr3
Your gonna have to study the theory, there's really no point in getting notation converted because then what will you do when the time comes and you need to read music? Go to that music theory think that was posted earlier, it is good stuff. Yes, it takes commitment.

Well the tablature would sort of be a checker to see if I'm even doing it right if that makes sense.

And to the post above, yeah the band and jazz choir both need guitarists.