I want to get into playing Metal Guitar, I mostly play bass but Metal bass isn't really my thing. I'm after an affordable guitar for metal; but not something so cheap that I'm going to want to replace it after a while. I want to play stuff like Metallica Megadeth and Pantera.

Also no BC Rich, I'm not THAT metal

Cheers
Jackson or LTD.
The DNA results show that Jeremy Kyle is a nob.

Quote by titsmcgee852
I want to look at your sexual naked body.
Epiphone SG bass. tbh it really doesn't matter what shape. a good bass is a good bass. but tolook relatively metal but not overly so, the SG shape's best.
Epiphone Dot-335
Fender USA Tele
'82 30th anniversary Les Paul goldtop
1965 pre-CBS Fender Jaguar

Crybaby
TS-9
turbo rat
Ge-7
+many more

Fender Twin Reverb
King's Full-tube 100 watt half stack. - £300
Quote by Hdap101
Epiphone SG bass. tbh it really doesn't matter what shape. a good bass is a good bass. but tolook relatively metal but not overly so, the SG shape's best.

You misread my post, what I'm saying is that I want to play metal but not on bass, I want to get a guitar to get into it on.

I will look into Jackson and LTD any particular guitars that stand out?
Quote by Ripper_66
You misread my post, what I'm saying is that I want to play metal but not on bass, I want to get a guitar to get into it on.

I will look into Jackson and LTD any particular guitars that stand out?

i suggest the f series, perhaps a f-250, also dont forget ibanez, made for metal and shredding, known for thier thin necks etc...
Ibanez, i'd say, simply cause, while they are known for metal, they can also do other things very well indeed, and are very easy to play
Adam
Quote by metalman89
Give us a price range.

Im really not sure, im just speculating buying at the moment. Whats the minumum I can expect to pay something worthwhile?

Also I forgot to mention that I'd like something with Tremelo.
Maybe the RR3?
Originally Posted by Devon8822
No!! Stop Now, Plugging More Than One Pedal In At A Time Could Be A Disaster.... Your Guitar Will Explode And Kill Your Band.

Quote by KrustyD3mons
thanks man

^To me

My gear:
Ibanez RG370DX
Roland Cube 30
Quote by fatboythin
Maybe the RR3?

I like the look of the KVX10 is it a worhwhile guitar?
I'd say if you're looking into Jackson guitars, and for something worthwhile, check out something in the MG series, or Pro series.

Other good suggestions are LTD's, Schecters, Ibanez etc.
Deans may be overpriced depending on the model (most guitars with Dime's name on it costs some more cash) and I wasn't too impressed with their low-mid range ML's.

Try searching something like the Schecter C-1 Hellraiser, Ibanez SA series, LTD's standard and delux series etc.
Personally my favorite guitar for metal is the Schecter Hellraiser series, but I also like LTD Eclipses and the Jackson RR series. I've never enjoyed playing anything by Ibanez though.
Quote by mrvile

This is UG, we love Schecters and Ibanez and Jacksons, we hate Deans and BCR's, we hate Marshall MG's, and everyone needs a new amp.
Go try out some at Guitar Center or whatever shop you have. With the right amp, any guitar with humbuckers can do the kind of metal you want. I run a pretty "metal" setup, but that doesn't mean I'd be SOL with a fat strat.

I'll throw out a recommendation of Schecter Hellraiser, though. If you're looking at LTDs, go for the 400 series. You won't be disappointed. No point in going cheap if you don't have to.

Also, if you want something with a Floyd, save yourself sometime and don't buy something less than the $500 mark or so. The cheaper the guitar, the cheaper the hardware, and the harder time you'll have keeping in tune and intonating.
Well, the RR3 would be a lot better than the KVX10 quality-wise. The good KVs are all above the $1000 mark.
Originally Posted by Devon8822
No!! Stop Now, Plugging More Than One Pedal In At A Time Could Be A Disaster.... Your Guitar Will Explode And Kill Your Band.

Quote by KrustyD3mons
thanks man

^To me

My gear:
Ibanez RG370DX
Roland Cube 30
I would get an Ibanez RG321MH. Very solid components and no flimsy trem to mess around with or break down on you.
Quote by ++BuCkEtHeAd++
schecter, ibanez, LTD, Jackson

nooooo low end schecter= really bad
being a schecter owner i know for a fact that they are brilliant but not the low end ones
my gear
Cube 30
sammick strat rip off
schecter C-1 classic diamond series
Peavey JSX combo
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
A.G.E > grunge
Agree with a lot of the posts in here.

If you buy LTD, try for 400 series or above, much better quality instrument if you can afford it.

Jackson and Ibanez guitars are also a great choice for that style of music.
Quote by darkstar2466

You are an idiot. Idiots get punished. You will be punished.
Last edited by Perturabo at Apr 27, 2008,
I think I need to try out an RR3 Is the ESP Kirk Hammet signiture and good or are you paying for the name? Also what other guitars are worth looking into under the 400 mark?