I have been trying to play the intro/verse for come as you are. I just can't seem to get it right though. I'm not really sure what i'm doing wrong. If i'm not letting the note ring out long enough or i'm wondering if maybe my low e is out of tune but the tuner says its not. I'm just trying to play it in standard tuning i haven't put it in the proper tuning for the song. I made a short recording of me playing through the riff once. Take a listen and let me know what i'm doing wrong if you can tell. Sorry it isn't the best recording. http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/Timothy39/music/
Well put It in the proper tuning for the song!
FEED ME MATHCORE

Quote by sashki

I also speak German, except no-one gives a shit.

GOOD MORNING SUNSHINE, AWAKE WHEN THE SUN HITS THE SKY
I thought it sounded ok for being a half-step too high and not be up to speed - which threw your timing way off.
SRV R.I.P.
Quote by dpv
I thought it sounded ok for being a half-step too high and not be up to speed - which threw your timing way off.

So basically my biggest problem is not playing it fast enough yet? I guess a lot more practice is needed!
look into getting Guitar Pro - it costs a lot at $60.00 or free

but you can slow things down with the speed trainer and work up to speed.

tabs are free for it and it helped me incredibly.
SRV R.I.P.
Quote by dpv
look into getting Guitar Pro - it costs a lot at $60.00 or free

but you can slow things down with the speed trainer and work up to speed.

tabs are free for it and it helped me incredibly.

Thanks for the tip. I'll check guitar pro out.
Quote by Timothy39
I have been trying to play the intro/verse for come as you are. I just can't seem to get it right though. I'm not really sure what i'm doing wrong. If i'm not letting the note ring out long enough or i'm wondering if maybe my low e is out of tune but the tuner says its not. I'm just trying to play it in standard tuning i haven't put it in the proper tuning for the song. I made a short recording of me playing through the riff once. Take a listen and let me know what i'm doing wrong if you can tell. Sorry it isn't the best recording. http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/Timothy39/music/

It doesn't sound right because you're still playing it too slow for it to be recognisable. You're doing the right thing though, you need to master it slowly first and then gradually bring it up to speed.

It's fine at the moment, it just sounds like Come as you are played at about 1/10th speed.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
WTF are you strumming with? An old shoe?

Dont pick so hard and just keep practicing it.

Sounds like me when I first started...
Haha that was kinda on purpose trying to make sure the mic picked up the sound. I'm usually pretty good at picking. Thanks for the encouragement. It just gets a little frustrating when i try to play something as simple as this and it comes out sounding like that.