I have a viper, and of course it is neck heavy.

Is there anything I can do to eliminate this annoyance? Wider strap? (I use a leather one as it is)
And the strap button isn't on the horn, its behind.
i cured my fender's neck dive, using a shoulder pad that slides over an existing strap.

can you paint a pic of where ur buttons are?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
If you feel liek it you can move the strap button closer to the neck a few CM's. That seems to work on some neck heavy guitars. I know that was a good fix for the Ibanez Xiphos, not sure about the Vipers though.

You can get a Codura Dimarzio Cliplock strap. Codura is meant to stick and not move That will keep the guitar from sliding around on your shoulder and stop it from diving.

http://www.zzounds.com/item--DIMDD2200
For those who care.
Current Gear
Cort Zenox Z42
Flextone II
Charvel USA So-Cal
Farida M2 Parlour Acoustic
Admira Hand-built Spanish Acoustic
Blackstar HT-5H
Line 6 M13
Quote by jj1565
i cured my fender's neck dive, using a shoulder pad that slides over an existing strap.

can you paint a pic of where ur buttons are?

heres a pic.

How would the clip lock stap work? It looks like its just made of nylon
i had the same r problem on my thunderbird...
so i moved the stoplock to heel of the neck.
balanced a lot better.
My red is so confident that he flashes trophies of war and
ribbons of euphoria
eek. i have an lp where i added a button behind the neck. it made it better, but still feels a little strange.

basically, you want the buttons as far from each other as possible.

sometimes adding a button lower to the ground, on the ass end can also help.

shoe stringing the strap around the headstock will also work, but is a little meh.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

U could try wider straps, supposedly they make it easier for the guitar to stay in one place
Jackson Pro Series DK2M Dinky
Ibanez GRG 270
Ibanez Tone Blaster 25R
Zoom G2
DigiTech Rp50
Quote by jj1565
eek. i have an lp where i added a button behind the neck. it made it better, but still feels a little strange.

basically, you want the buttons as far from each other as possible.

sometimes adding a button lower to the ground, on the ass end can also help.

shoe stringing the strap around the headstock will also work, but is a little meh.

thats not bad idea

But shoe stringing a strap around the headstock of a metal guitar might look kinda of... well meh as you said.
you just dont want the guitar to be unbalanced, like it's fallling away from you.

try to find any examples on line for good placement.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62