after i woke up this morning my neck hurts, like a knife being stabbed into me. i think i slept wrong last night or something. this has happened to me before but not this bad. if i turn my head left and move up or down, it hurts.

what i want to know is if there is anyway to relieve this pain? i dont want to wait til tonight and have to sleep on it. Thanks
PS3

Fear the LIME

X
When this happens to me I usually just take a few painkillers and get a lavender heat-pack and put it on my neck. Major relaxation!
Quote by #1 synth
Brilliant

Quote by Pl3h-B0y
nachocheeez, that was awesome.
strech it slowly youl get used to the pain and build an imunity to it
or just take some asprin or some ****
Is that really the most interesting thing you could think of to make a thread about?

Seriously, stop being a hypochondriac. Even I'm not that bad and I get concerned about minor cuts etc.

Grow up, all that's happened is you've pulled a muscle in your neck, which often hurts more than usual muscles because you use your neck more than you think, and there are lots of nerves in your neck.

End of.

It will be fine tomorrow or in a few days.
fap?
Quote by Yakult
Shooting mice is the equivalent to smoking weed: it's fun and seemingly harmless, but before you know it, you're shooting smack into every vein and murdering children left right and center.

GeEbZ.
Here's a word of advice, stretch everytime you wake up, not in a rush though cause you have a chance of hurting yourself. And for now use heating pads, if problem persists them see a doctor.

Also my dad used to sleep "the wrong way" and suffer from neck pain, the doctor told him to sleep without a pillow, or sleep on a low pillow cause high ones are pulling your head up.
Quote by last_biscuit
Is that really the most interesting thing you could think of to make a thread about?

Seriously, stop being a hypochondriac. Even I'm not that bad and I get concerned about minor cuts etc.

Grow up, all that's happened is you've pulled a muscle in your neck, which often hurts more than usual muscles because you use your neck more than you think, and there are lots of nerves in your neck.

End of.

It will be fine tomorrow or in a few days.

its not that i'm so concerned. i just want the pain when we go to a party today. i know it will get better tomorrow (i believe i said that implicitly) but i want to know if there's a way to get it better TODAY.
PS3

Fear the LIME

X
probably not a great idea to take pain killers- instead, lie flat on your back and rotate your neck, this will hurt a bit, but it will pass.

If stretching like this does not help, line yourself up against a door frame or wall and stretch similarly

and if that doesn't help...for god's sake see a doctor- it could be a symptom of numerous neurological syndromes!!!

Hope this helps and remember that the final one is pretty uncommon!!
<--- This is Wally. Not Waldo.

Gear List:
Ibanez RG570
Fender MIA Strat (in black, HSS)
Godawful Marshall MG practice amp

My Youtube
My godawful blog
stretching will hurt but it will feel good after you do it just do it...
and also

Emotion = true music

Gear

Vantage 718dt-1
Epi Special II
Crate V Series 212 18w
Fuzz Factory
MXR Phase 90
Quote by marktuazon
its not that i'm so concerned. i just want the pain when we go to a party today. i know it will get better tomorrow (i believe i said that implicitly) but i want to know if there's a way to get it better TODAY.

I don't think it will go in a day.

Nonetheless, you could try massaging the muscle with your hands (or get a female accomplice to do so for you ) and use a heat pack as someone else said. If you can't get hold of said heat pack, a hot water bottle will do fine.

Also, taking a long bath helps alot.

Other than that, painkillers (codeine or cocodamol...anything you have that doesn't require a prescription...even paracetemol) and just try to avoid sudden movements i.e turning your head too fast (although it's a reaction to some things so often can't be avoided).

P.S as it's a party you're going to, and I'm hoping you're 18 (if UK) - alcohol will numb your senses to the pain
Solution:

01010111011001010110110001101100001000000110100101 11010000100000011010010111001100100000011101000110 10000110010100100000011100000110100101110100001011

Guess the reference, and I'll show you a blue dog.
^

"Well it's the pit"

It's been used around around here, can I has mah blue dog now?

ive pulled a muscle in my neck from sleeping wrong once before, it was one of the most painful thigns ever, then it went into spasim

I had to go on Diazipan and something else for the pain and to relax the muscles
BEAT IT, BUT NOT IN FRONT OF CHILDREN YOU DIRTY C***!-Mel Gimpsuit
massage it or put a hot water bottole between the crook of your neck and shoulder

and if youre sleeping with too many pillows, try and sleep with like 1 or 2
BEAT IT, BUT NOT IN FRONT OF CHILDREN YOU DIRTY C***!-Mel Gimpsuit
Last edited by XCount Me InX at Apr 26, 2008,
possibly stiff neck. should be gone in a day or so.
And we will send you to whatever God you wish...