alright, im going to be jamming with a band today. i know most of their material, but my amp is the problem. its only a 20 watt amp. however, i do have a 75 watt guitar amp. i have $30, so getting a new amp is out of the question. what would you do in my situation?
Arbor A410 Bass
Dinosaur 20 Watt Bass Amp
Line 6 Spider III 75 Watt
Squier Bullet

Excuse me sir, have you been thinking tonight?
If it were me, I'd be calling round to anyone who I knew who played bass and ask for a quick loan of some equipment. I've used other peoples gear when I've been in that situation and if you treat it well, its usually not a problem.
you might use the guitar amp. but you can't put the volume @ max. but, with 20W you might make it if the drummer takes it easy on you
A hero of war, Yeah that's what I'll be

(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)
Yes, it breaks... guitar amps are not made to be used with bass guitars. You can use a guitar in a bass amp, but not the other way around. If you crank your guitar amp when playing bass through it, it will probably break down, so unless you don't care much about your amp, it's a bad idea.
You can use a DI box and plug into the same PA the singer is using?
Phrases Label
The Bohemes
---
The White Strat w/Dimebucker
Tokai Explorer Korina
Ibanez RG570 Purple Neon
Gibson Les Paul Deluxe Ebony
Fender Telecaster Apple Red
Dano '59 Burgundy
Ibanez Artcore AM-73
tell them the situation, sounds like you're in a bad one, maybe one where you shouldn't be setting up jam sessions without an amp?

save for an amp, but in the mean time ask to borrow one from someone you know.. don't use the guitar amp, it's not worth it.
Quote by yawn
Don't type in all caps.

Otherwise You Look Like A Complete Moron.

Quote by jazz_rock_feel
1) Bold print. Reason? Y/N?
You could try and hook up your 20w to the singer's PA so you wouldn't totally cover them up...
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Use the 20 Watt, it's not all that bad.
"Acoustic Guitars are totally lame and not metal"- Nathan Explosion
Quote by TaintedFearSBT
use the spider whats the worst that can happen? It breaks?

If it makes you feel any better, I laughed.
Les Claypool
Geddy Lee
Robert DeLeo
Flea

Weileder

...Coincidence? I think not.
How many watts is good for jamming/gigging?
Ibanez SZ320
Peavey 6505+
Marshall 1960B
Dunlop Wah
Dano EQ
well i use a 15 watt at practice with my drummer and i can still hear myself. even with my drummer beating the hell out of the kick drums. AND i have my amp set up over next to him
Ibanez SR 505
Brice Defiant 6 lizardburst (soon to have)
GK 700rbII
GK BXL 4x10
GK BXL 1x15
Boss GT10B (soon to have)
Quote by slap-a-bass
at least above 100

Jesus, my guitar amp is 75 and it works fine. Anyone got a bass amp for sale?
Ibanez SZ320
Peavey 6505+
Marshall 1960B
Dunlop Wah
Dano EQ
Quote by by_guitar11

Well you dont need nearly as much for guitar. A rule of thumb is that the bass amp should be 3 times more powerful then the guitar amp.
Quote by by_guitar11

I do I do! PM me if that was a serious question.
Were living in a world of fools,breaking us down,when they all should let us be.
I use 50 watts, and I had to turn down today.
also, treble tends to pierce the mix well. boost it a bit.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom