I need something VERY BASIC for recording. I tried making a cable that one end has a guitar jack and the other has a stereo jack (the little one for headphones)

But i couldnt do it. It didnt work when i pluged everything in. Did i wire it wrong? Do i have to solder the wires together before using electrical tape?

Are there any microphones that can be made with some wire, a few scavenged electrical components and stuff that can be found in any shed?

I know this is a hard question but i kinda need it.

PS: sorry about the spelling. I am verry tired and i cant be bothered using spell checker
well if you're going from the guitar, I assume you're going direct.
hook your guitar up to a pre-amp (some kind of multi-effects pedal or just something that is a preamp.. that allows you to alter your guitars sound)
but yah..
then just put a cable from the output into a little.. thing.
there's like adapters that you can put your cable into and they feed directly into the sound card.. or the pink hole..

sure this isn't a great way to record but when you don't have any fancy stuff it's the cheapest and if you know what your doing it can sound halfway decent.
Quote by TechnicolorType
well if you're going from the guitar, I assume you're going direct.
hook your guitar up to a pre-amp (some kind of multi-effects pedal or just something that is a preamp.. that allows you to alter your guitars sound)
but yah..
then just put a cable from the output into a little.. thing.
there's like adapters that you can put your cable into and they feed directly into the sound card.. or the pink hole..

sure this isn't a great way to record but when you don't have any fancy stuff it's the cheapest and if you know what your doing it can sound halfway decent.

Yea i know theres the adapters that go from 1/8" to 1/4" but this was something i was hoping i could wip up tonight.