My bass player is getting the Gibson SG Reiisue Bass (I love Rickenbacker basses but nevermind dont try conveincing him off,he's got a crash into that SG thing).Anyway he has a crappy little amplifier right now so he's getting a new amp as well.
Could you suggest me any good amps relevant to the bass' quality and sound?The cheaper the amp,the better.No need for too many watts.
Thanks in advance
Oh, ask me why, and I'll spit in your eye
Without some estimate as to how much money you're willing to spend I don't think it'll be of much help if we randomly throw all sorts of amps at you

Ampeg, Nemesis (Eden), Ashdown or perhaps Kustom are respected brands for Bass amps, if you're looking around $600. I'm probably forgetting a whole bunch though
Phrases Label
The Bohemes
---
The White Strat w/Dimebucker
Tokai Explorer Korina
Ibanez RG570 Purple Neon
Gibson Les Paul Deluxe Ebony
Fender Telecaster Apple Red
Dano '59 Burgundy
Ibanez Artcore AM-73
If he's on a budget, try looking at some used amps.
Depends on his budget, but maybe look at an Ashdown EB if you want a good amp quite cheap, their about 90 watts
I've Made You A Drawing of a Giraffe Fucking an Elephant. Notice How His Moustache Looks Just Like Mine.

Your Mother's Got a Penis
Quote by bornfidelity
Without some estimate as to how much money you're willing to spend I don't think it'll be of much help if we randomly throw all sorts of amps at you

Ampeg, Nemesis (Eden), Ashdown or perhaps Kustom are respected brands for Bass amps, if you're looking around $600. I'm probably forgetting a whole bunch though

You've got a point.To be more precise I'd prefer Bass Combos that do not limit the Gibson bass' capabilities,at about 500-600$.
Oh, ask me why, and I'll spit in your eye
I don't think you could limit a Gibson bass any more than they already are. Try something with a modern voicing and solid state to try and counter the mud inherent in the SG bass. Carvin, Nemesis and GK would all be decent choices.
yea man, sg basses...and gibson in general arent renowned for their spectacular basses

you need a fairly good amp to make that sound good......
and for watts the rule of thumbis you want 4 times more than the guitarist......but i dont think alot of ppl actually go the full 4 times more cause thats alot of watts.......and alot of money.....

but to have any kind of presence in a real like basement jam type thing you need at least 100W to overcome a drummer....for gigging with bigger venues youll need a couple hundred W

when Moses brought down the plagues upon Egypt one of them involved Behringer amps

Dont be so humble, your not that great....
The Gibson SGs have a single coil bridge pickup, if I'm not mistaken, so that should considerably cut down on the mud. Still doesn't make up for crappy design, but at least it's not an Epiphone.

TS, look into Fender's Bassman line of combo amps. Those will get you any tone you want, just about. And I think it's GK that has an amp that when you attach an extension cab, it adds some wattage to it, so look into that as well.
Millie, my Peavey Grind Fiver
Peavey BAM 210 350w combo amp
Sansamp Bass Driver DI
Modded Ernie Ball VP Jr.
Monster Bass Cable, 21'

Quote by NakedBassist
Welcome to bass, you'll f*cking love it