so recently me and my friend recorded a song and the recording quality sounds like ****. here it is

www.myspace.com/whatthedeadknowmd

we recorded by micing my mg and pluggin the mic straight in to the computer

what do we need to make it sound good?

people have told me to get an interface but im notreally sure wat it does or how to work it

could i also need a better mic and soundcard?
equipment:
Esp EC-1000
ibanez rg550
Peavey 5150 combo
Boss ML-2 Metal core pedal
DB-01 crybaby from hell

Quote by dubstar92
Tell the friend that due to an amp explosion you are now temporarily deaf and will judge her friend solely on looks.
better amp, better tone, better room, better mic, mic pre, better AD converters, talent, decent software and the knowhow to use it properly.

if you want a quality recording, get your **** together and just go to a recording studio. that's how it works. if you want "okay" recording to do whenever, invest a couple thousand dollars into an interface, some plug ins, some mics, a real amp, etc.
oh my god.
that was so bad, mate.
My name is Charlie.

Gear
Gretsch Electromatic Pro Jet
Fender Deville 410
Electro-Harmonix USA Big Muff
Digitech Whammy IV
MXR Micro Amp
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Yes any type of mic plugged into a stock card will sound like crud IMO, get yourself a nice interface.

If you are recording more than 2 mics at one time youll want a firewire interface as USBs will mix everything down to a stereo track which makes editing hard.

Read Tweak's Guide linked in my sig - "Soundcards" refers to the interface section of the book.
Quote by Spazz128735
better amp, better tone, better room, better mic, mic pre, better AD converters, talent, decent software and the knowhow to use it properly.

if you want a quality recording, get your **** together and just go to a recording studio. that's how it works. if you want "okay" recording to do whenever, invest a couple thousand dollars into an interface, some plug ins, some mics, a real amp, etc.