Hey everyone!

I'm building a custom Strat, and I wanted to know if anyone knows how to set up a 7 way switching setup using 4 conductor pickups (Seymour Duncan Strat Sized Humbuckers in this case.)
I know you need a push/pull pot to act as a bridge switch, but I can't find a diagram/info anywhere!
This is what I'm looking for:
Pot pushed DOWN:
Switch position 1: Neck
Switch position 2: Neck/Middle
Switch position 3: Middle
Switch position 4: Bridge/Middle
Switch position 5: Bridge

Pot pulled UP:
Switch position 1: Neck/Bridge
Switch position 2: Neck/Middle/Bridge (all three on)

Thanks in advance!
Follower of Zeppelinism

92% of teenagers have moved to rap, put this in your sig if you're in the 8% that still listens to real music.:stickpoke
http://www.seymourduncan.com/support/wiring-diagrams/schematics.php?schematic=3lil_hum_1v_2t_5w

Then, all you need a is a DPDT push pull pot, or even a SPDT toggle switch (you'd have to drill a hole in your pickguard for this, obviously. But you can buy these SPDTs at your local Radioshack or electronics shop.) and connect either the bridge's tab on the 5 way to the switch, and have the switch connect it to the tab that goes the the volume pot. Simple. It's not called 7 way switching, btw. It'd be a 5 way switch with a neck or bridge on switch.

Here's an example of how I did it:

When you pull on the switch (in my diagram), it'll turn on the bridge diagram, no matter what position you're in. So if you're in the neck/middle position, pull on the switch would turn on the bridge, giving you neck/middle/bridge. If you're in the neck position, pulling the switch would give you neck/bridge.

Quote by QueenZeppelin
Hey everyone!

I'm building a custom Strat, and I wanted to know if anyone knows how to set up a 7 way switching setup using 4 conductor pickups (Seymour Duncan Strat Sized Humbuckers in this case.)
I know you need a push/pull pot to act as a bridge switch, but I can't find a diagram/info anywhere!
This is what I'm looking for:
Pot pushed DOWN:
Switch position 1: Neck
Switch position 2: Neck/Middle
Switch position 3: Middle
Switch position 4: Bridge/Middle
Switch position 5: Bridge

Pot pulled UP:
Switch position 1: Neck/Bridge
Switch position 2: Neck/Middle/Bridge (all three on)

Thanks in advance!
You can't find this, because it's not usually done this way.

What you're suggesting is a Bridge-on switch that works only when the Neck pickup is selected. That would require that the push-pull be wired to the neck lug, on the "tone" side of the 5-way. But that lug is currently being used by the neck tone pot.

You could wire it so that you have a master tone pot that works in all positions, then use that side of the switch to enable the Bridge-on function in positions 1 and 2. But I don't know what you would do with the other tone pot. Eliminate it?

One way this is typically done is with a Neck-on that's connected to the Bridge lug on the tone side of the 5-way. Since there is no bridge tone control, the lug is available without any other changes. That would add the Neck pickup to positions 4 and 5 when the push-pull is up.

The other way this has been done, is to use either a bridge-on or neck-on switch, and have it add to all positions.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.