can somebody explain to me what an interfaced does? and how it will give me better recording quality?
equipment:
Esp EC-1000
ibanez rg550
Peavey 5150 combo
Boss ML-2 Metal core pedal
DB-01 crybaby from hell

Quote by dubstar92
Tell the friend that due to an amp explosion you are now temporarily deaf and will judge her friend solely on looks.
An interface is a piece of hardware with mic and instrument inputs. Usually they have preamps on board for your gear which is a must have IMO.

These interface either connect with USB 1.1, USB 2.0, or Firewire. Today its almost always best to choose firewire and its a must have connection if you are going to record more than two mics at one time since a USB interface will mix everything to a single stero track making editing next to impossible.

Interfaces take audio and bypass your stock sound card, which was never made to record anyways and so you get some great quality if you get a fair interface.

more info under the "Soundcards" section of Tweaks Guide linked in my sig.
do u think this would be a good interface?

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Mackie-Onyx-Satellite-Recording-Interface-103832135-i1165144.gc

will it make my recordings on guitar and vocals actually sound good?
equipment:
Esp EC-1000
ibanez rg550
Peavey 5150 combo
Boss ML-2 Metal core pedal
DB-01 crybaby from hell

Quote by dubstar92
Tell the friend that due to an amp explosion you are now temporarily deaf and will judge her friend solely on looks.
Check your inbox, then delete the other two threads you made
After than quit spamming the board with all the threads, one is easily enough.
Last edited by moody07747 at Apr 26, 2008,