I plan to double track rhythm sounds, with one track mic'ed and the other with the amp head directly injected.

I want to do this without having to plug and unplug everything.

If this is not feasible or if there is an easier/better way to get two distinct guitar tones for double tracking I am open to suggestions.

However I am unable to use more than one mic. So it has to be one mic plus some other way to get the sound onto my computer.
Record one track

Change guitar tone

record other track

pan hard left and right

????

I thought it was obvious what I was asking for, I guess not:

I need to figure out how to setup the connections for direct injected amp head plus an additional track of the same amp mic'ed.

Hope thats clearer
Most DI boxes will have a balanced out and an unbalanced out. Take the signal from the pre amp and plug it into the DI box input. Take the unbalanced out and feed it into the power amp, and take the balanced out and feed it into the recorder. Mic the amp speaker and feed that signal into another channel on the recorder.
Most DI boxes will have a balanced out and an unbalanced out. Take the signal from the pre amp and plug it into the DI box input. Take the unbalanced out and feed it into the power amp, and take the balanced out and feed it into the recorder. Mic the amp speaker and feed that signal into another channel on the recorder.

Cool, thanks bro!