When I blast my amp, I get a fairly muddy sound. Is there a way to get a sharper, clearer sound?
What amp do you have?

Without knowing any details at all, Id say you just need a bigger amp.

Could you give us specifics?
Quote by restless_thrash
Bigger amp. Most amps are meant to decay at high volumes.

Just what I was going to say.
Call me Batman.
Quote by slayer1516
When I blast my amp, I get a fairly muddy sound. Is there a way to get a sharper, clearer sound?

If it's a solid state amp then that's just what happens with them - people prefer tubes for a reason.

If you have a tube amp then it could be poor speakers or simply dodgy EQ'ing.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by ubtguitarist
everyone has the same problem, heres a good article on it, explaining why this happens. hope it helps
http://line6.com/support/entry.jspa?externalID=3787
also it may just be your amp as well

+1

that article was a good read
Strat / SH-201 -> DOD Mixer -> ZVex Mastotron -> Fulltone Clyde -> BYOC OD II -> Ibanez FLL -> VS Chorus -> DOD FX 96 -> Boss DD-6 -> MXR 10-Band EQ -> Boss RC-2 -> Stereo Mixer -> Alesis PicoVerb -> Peavey Delta Blues 210/Yamaha Fifty112
I have a solid state, Fender Frontman 25R. I love it for low-volume blues, but I am going to be getting a Marshall soon. Thanks everyone
Quote by slayer1516
I have a solid state, Fender Frontman 25R. I love it for low-volume blues, but I am going to be getting a Marshall soon. Thanks everyone

yeah, your current amp is too small. just make sure to buy a GOOD marshall, not one of those half-tube / half solid-state deals... they will have the same problem with muddy tone at high volume.
You may also need to boost your mids a bit as you raise the volume. The ears hear frequencies a bit different at a higher volume.
Quote by Avedas
You may also need to boost your mids a bit as you raise the volume. The ears hear frequencies a bit different at a higher volume.

Yeah. Raise your mids, lower bass and treble.
Ibanez s540 with gold Schaller bridge and OMGGOLD hardware

Ibanez RGR320 with Lo-Edge Pro bridge and scalloped fretboard

Lee Jackson XLSC - 500

Roland Microcube

Dunlop Jazz III black
Quote by slayer1516

Yup, the muddiness is just an inherent quality of a not very good solid state amp.

As for that Marshall, if it's an MG or AVT then please don't - post in the Gear forum with your budget and requirements and you'll get some recommendations for GOOD amps.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com