Give me your thoughts on wich is better...

Building up individual pedals(distortion, effects, ect.),

or,

multi-effects???
Last edited by sillypuddy521 at Apr 26, 2008,
You mean stompboxes vs multiFX?

Stompboxes, always. Unless you're comparing a Behringer stompboxes to a Boss GT-8.
Happy, lost and still unaware.
Quote by Alicee
I gave my brother a hand job. It was weird at first. It was weirder after.

Fender '72 Telecaster Deluxe & Epiphone ES-335 "Dot"
Laney VC15 + Ibanez TS808

I Don't Play Metal.
Depends what you want and your budget.

If you have a nice amp and want to buy some individual pedals, stompboxes.

If you want all your sounds to be in one unit and perhaps don't have as much money to spend, multi-fx.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
A pedal board is a board you place stompboxes on. I assume you mean multi-fx. As happy-and-lost has already stated, single pedals is the way to go.
Well, it truly depends on what you need pedals for. To be honest, if you need lots of effects, but don't have the $1000+ it would cost to get a nice collection of pedals, a multi efx will serve you well. Also, it can make all of you settings available at the pressing of one button, as opposed to tap dancing on a bunch of pedals. And cheaping out on pedals isn't a great idea, because a decent multi efx will stomp an array of crap-tacular pedals.

Now, if you know what sound you want, know what you need each pedal to do, then individual stomp boxes are the way to go. If you don't use lots of effects though, there really isn't any good reason to buy a bunch of individual effects that you might use once or twice every two months.
╠═══════╬═══════╣

Tap Tempo Tap Dancer of τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

MINION of the"I drive a stick cause I'm better than you!!" Club

PM TehNez or IbanezPlayer27 to join.

EHX Users Guild. Bugera Users Militia
The MXR Lounge
This is a dilemma many guitarists have faced. I decided to go the individual pedal route and I couldn't be happier. It allows me to get my own unique sounds and it is easy to set my pedals up to get a certain tone for a song. However it mostly depends on what you want to get out of it and budget. The multieffects can be limited but are cheaper.