Why do most news channels ignore the facts and people do nothing about it?

Page 1 of 2
I did some reasearch and found this about Obama and Hilary. why do people accept the fact that most news channels don't talk about facts and instead spin stories?

Edit: I know why

What I found:

Hilary:
-Voted for the Patriot Act twice
-Voted for the Real ID funding Act of 2002
-Supported NAFTA
-Agrees with the embargo against Cuba
-Supports the militarization of space
-Voted against the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty

Obama
-Voted for the Patriot Act
-Voted to fund the war
-Is undecided on Act S. 1959
-Supports the militarization of space

They are both CFR members
"There's Jimmy Page, the greatest thief of American black music who ever walked the earth."
-Homer Simpson
Last edited by blues-guitarist at Apr 26, 2008,
The media just want to make a personality of each candidate, and make money out of spinning a story out with them.
Quote by blue_strat
The media just want to make a personality of each candidate, and make money out of spinning a story out with them.

but why does the public accept that? Democracy doesn't work if the public is ignorant
"There's Jimmy Page, the greatest thief of American black music who ever walked the earth."
-Homer Simpson
agendas, fox has one, cnn has one etc, you dont often see a well written unbiased article. like bbc news are biased more towards liberal side of things, and you'll see some papers run enivormental scare stories more often than others. while some just want to make big headlines, and will run whatever they can get their hands on and make it seem like a big deal. i read in a paper fit males are more likely to go bald because they have more testosterone and then there was some sketchy biology. anyways the hope is theyre all biased so that it all sort of evens out
If a news channel was to speak about those things, the government wouldn't let it, they'd be censored.

News channels are just another way to make money, why talk about little things when you make money from big fat bull****.

It's sad, but it's just the way it goes.
My "Rig":

Fender American Telecaster
Boss OD-2
EHX Small Clone
EHX SMM avec HAZARAI
Quote by Def
agendas, fox has one, cnn has one etc, you dont often see a well written unbiased article. like bbc news are biased more towards liberal side of things, and you'll see some papers run enivormental scare stories more often than others. while some just want to make big headlines, and will run whatever they can get their hands on and make it seem like a big deal. i read in a paper fit males are more likely to go bald because they have more testosterone and then there was some sketchy biology. anyways the hope is theyre all biased so that it all sort of evens out

Yea, have you seen Outfoxed? really interesting documentary on Fox's agenday...my main question in this thread is why do people accept this? why don't people protest? I would understand people not caring if it was a small thing but most people get their views from tv news/newspapers and if they have an agende it means that their agenday is controlling our opinions, or at least most people's opinions.
-Homer Simpson
Quote by Pure_Morning
If a news channel was to speak about those things, the government wouldn't let it, they'd be censored.

News channels are just another way to make money, why talk about little things when you make money from big fat bull****.

It's sad, but it's just the way it goes.

Maybe in your country. A little touch of paranoia today?

Congratulations blues-guitarist you have just learned the only real difference between a Republican and a Democrat is the spelling of their parties names.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by Jackal58
Maybe in your country. A little touch of paranoia today?

Congratulations blues-guitarist you have just learned the only real difference between a Republican and a Democrat is the spelling of their parties names.

Obama and Hilary are both Democrats
-Homer Simpson
News channels are owned by individuals who often like to put a positive spin on their favoured candidates. The names Fox, Murdoch and Bush all immediately spring to mind.
the very fact that you listed these few "facts" shows that your doing exactly what the media does, pick and choose from the most interesting things you find.
Quote by blues-guitarist
Obama and Hilary are both Democrats

No shit. And they both voted on those issues you listed the same as most republicans.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Quote by nt1440
the very fact that you listed these few "facts" shows that your doing exactly what the media does, pick and choose from the most interesting things you find.

So you're saying that i should of posted every voting record and thing each candidate supported? i picked those things because those are things tha most news channels don't talk about which is related to my question
-Homer Simpson
Quote by blues-guitarist
So you're saying that i should of posted every voting record and thing each candidate supported? i picked those things because those are things tha most news channels don't talk about which is related to my question

exactly, if your gonna complain about how they cover the news partially, then you should cover it fully, and i hope that gets the point across that no one can possibly do that, and a channel will cover the candidate they "secretly" are rooting for the way that makes them look favorable
Quote by Jackal58
No shit. And they both voted on those issues you listed the same as most republicans.
lol, my bad, didn't really understood your comment until now...i've never compared their votes to a republican but yea, they look almost exactly the same
-Homer Simpson
Money.
Quote by shark38j
You need a Flux Capacitor ........ Oh, wait, that's for time travel.

Quote by GiantRaven
Watch this one lads, I think he has intelligence!

Quote by unplugtheradio
or maybe he has an opinion *GASP*
Quote by nt1440
exactly, if your gonna complain about how they cover the news partially, then you should cover it fully, and i hope that gets the point across that no one can possibly do that, and a channel will cover the candidate they "secretly" are rooting for the way that makes them look favorable
I'm not trying to inform people about the candidate's voting records, i just used those that i posted to prove my point
-Homer Simpson
Quote by blues-guitarist
I'm not trying to inform people about the candidate's voting records, i just used those that i posted to prove my point

basically the news will cover what they want, those certain "issues" arent as important it seems
Nobody can know whats really going on with all the 'facts' thrown around. Thats why I'm so discouraged about voting, I don't feel that its even possible to know what you're voting for.

Edit: And I also believe that our political system (not the government system) is in need of a makeover. The world is facing new problems, but there are new ways to fix them as well.
We're only strays.
Quote by blues-guitarist
lol, my bad, didn't really understood your comment until now...i've never compared their votes to a republican but yea, they look almost exactly the same

Np man. I knew you didn't think I was that stupid.
And maybe that is the answer to your question. There is no freakin difference between them.
That's why I vote libertarian. As soon as 1 of them gets elected to congress it will completely destroy the status quo. I eagerly await the day.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
the media lies? no way.

youre joshing me
<//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\>
Quote by lateraluspiral
the media lies? no way.

youre joshing me

my main question is why people accept the fact that the media lies
-Homer Simpson
Quote by nt1440
basically the news will cover what they want, those certain "issues" arent as important it seems

NAFTA- Putting more Americans out of work than the great depression. I'd call that important.
The Patriot Act - Granting the Federal Government more power than they are constitutionally allowed. I'd call that important.
The Real ID Act- One step closer to "Show me your papers". I'd call that important.
The militarization of space - Yep that's what the world needs. A new wepons race. I'd call that important too.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Quote by blues-guitarist

because the people that realize that cant change it, and then there are the swarms of the ignorant, that cant even see the twist they put on the news (like bill oreilly fans )
Quote by blues-guitarist

They dont, because the media is very careful not to lie, they just twist the facts and tell you selective things. But they won't outright lie, because if they did they'd get the crap sued out of them.
Quote by shark38j
You need a Flux Capacitor ........ Oh, wait, that's for time travel.

Quote by GiantRaven
Watch this one lads, I think he has intelligence!

Quote by unplugtheradio
or maybe he has an opinion *GASP*
Quote by Kadaj
They dont, because the media is very careful not to lie, they just twist the facts and tell you selective things. But they won't outright lie, because if they did they'd get the crap sued out of them.

I've seen news channels lying...
-Homer Simpson
Quote by Def

I think BBC is fairly neutral.
Quote by mh400nt
Theres rats running around outside my window, one of them has an apple, he looks very happy about this.

Quote by Oblivion_Rps
Oh ****

Aaaah well. It gives me an excuse to rape.

Quote by Jaymz_515
Bunnywunnywabbitywoos.
Well, presumably because it's easier? I don't know.

Tony Benn (yes, the mighty, majestic tony Benn) says this;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWxjReQZuTI

And Tony Benn is the man in the know, he knows more about everything than anyone ever.

EDIT: Oh, and if any of you think i'm being sarcastic. Tony Benn IS amazing.
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
Quote by blues-guitarist

then if they get something wrong they have to announce and apologize on air if they do get something wrong, incase of libel. so whatever u heard was probs apologized for at a later date
Quote by blues-guitarist

Most of the medias lies are lies of omission. Cross check your daily dose of misinformation at 3 or 4 different sources.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Quote by big duck

it is fairly good, but i was stuck for names of news companies. i havent seen much american news so i only know fox and cnn. bbc, itv, sky, channel 5 etc seem to report the same things.
Quote by big duck

BBC happily tells lies about venezuela.

...oh it 'corrects' it quitely a week later, but it's happy to make the big headline the lie
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
Quote by blues-guitarist

So have I. The last instance of blatant out right lying I recall involves Dan Rather.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Quote by Def
then if they get something wrong they have to announce and apologize on air if they do get something wrong, incase of libel. so whatever u heard was probs apologized for at a later date

They never apologized for the lie they told and announced that it was wrong
-Homer Simpson
Quote by blues-guitarist
They never apologized for the lie they told and announced that it was wrong

what is this "lie" ? these things arent clear cut
Quote by meh!
BBC happily tells lies about venezuela.

...oh it 'corrects' it quitely a week later, but it's happy to make the big headline the lie

yea, I've seen CNN lie about the 2000 coup in Venezuela and never apologizing about it or correcting it...a lot of people still think that the Chavistas that were shooting in the bridge were shooting to the crowd when they were actually defending themselves from government snipers
-Homer Simpson
Last edited by blues-guitarist at Apr 26, 2008,
Quote by seljer
because http://www.theonion.com/content/video/poll_bull****_is_most_important

edit:
http://www.theonion.com/content/video/poll_bulls hit_is_most_important
copy and paste and remove the space

the ironic thing is that its more or less true

What were some of his favorite tools?

Page 1 of 2