The Palomino is much better than the standard Crate V-series. To me, it has more of a British voice, more classic-y sounding, and can do the gritty blues OD if you boost it.
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
Quote by stratman_13
The Palomino is much better than the standard Crate V-series. To me, it has more of a British voice, more classic-y sounding, and can do the gritty blues OD if you boost it.

yes but can i find one for the same price?
I believe the Palomino and the V-series are the same price. I actually own the V-series and think highly of it - the cleans break up fairly early, which I would imagine you'd want for rock tones. The overdriven sound is indeed more rock based than anything, I suppose you could tone it down for blues. I would compare the palomino though if you can to test the waters, it is indeed supposed to be a more vintage sound.
Quote by guitar/bass76
I believe the Palomino and the V-series are the same price. I actually own the V-series and think highly of it - the cleans break up fairly early, which I would imagine you'd want for rock tones. The overdriven sound is indeed more rock based than anything, I suppose you could tone it down for blues. I would compare the palomino though if you can to test the waters, it is indeed supposed to be a more vintage sound.

well, i don't have a guitar store within 100 miles so testing the waters is out. i need the amp to be fairly versatile though too. i would like to be able to get some harder rock sounds out of it without having to spend too much on effects. like maybe just add a pedal and be able to get harder sounds.
Quote by ortrigger
well, i don't have a guitar store within 100 miles so testing the waters is out. i need the amp to be fairly versatile though too. i would like to be able to get some harder rock sounds out of it without having to spend too much on effects. like maybe just add a pedal and be able to get harder sounds.

You can definately do that. Like I said, just throw a boost in front. It's actually a good idea to have one anyways, as they tend to thicken/tighten up your sound.

I would say go for it. And yes, the V-Series and the Palo's are identical in price now, I believe.

Quote by guitar/bass76

It is much more vintage voiced. When I tested them, I felt that the standard V-Series was more suited to modern rock sounds.
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--