ok, so the jack on my guitar (the small plug where you insert the chord) was kinda loose and rattling around today, so i tightened it with a wrench, but not too tight.. then i turn my amp on again, and a loud buzzing starts coming out of the amp.. i havent been able to fix it.. any ideas?
Probably twisted the jack and now the leads inside the guitar are shorting...
What kind of guitar is it?
Epiphone Les Paul goldtop (EMG 81/85)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Fender Telecaster MIM
Epiphone SG Special
Jay Turser JT200 Serpent (GFS Crunchy Rails/Crunchy Pat)
Dean V-Coustic
Ovation Celebrity
Bugera 333-212
Crate Blue Voodoo 120H
Ya thats happened to me, all you really have to do is open it up and resolder the wires, assuming you know how to solder stuff. Its really not that big a deal, its an easy fix.
RG2xe ibanez or something like that. its black..

is this a problem i could have taken care of at guitar center? because i dont have any real idea how to solder stuf..
I think you should really learn to solder... Spend like half hour educating yourself.

Soldering is a pretty good thing to be able to do especially if you're an owner of an electric guitar.
well i dont have a soldering iron at my house.. and i unscrewed the part where the jack is and apparently the wire did come off..
if you buy a soldering iron and learn how to solder it will probably cost you as much as it will to get it fixed at a shop.
Gibson Explorer
Jackson Soloist SL3
Orange Tiny Terror
Mesa 2x12
ya i went to the hardware store and boght a soldering iron and me and my dad fixed it. thanks guys