(New to the forum, be nice )

I've been a really quite poor practice amp for quite a while (15 watt, really poor quality, has a tendancy to hiss) and I am considering getting a new one soon, and just been looking at amps like 100w MG's etc, but if anyone thinks that there are even better amps (I'm not fussed about make) for a similar price, then please tell me THANKS!

MerriQ xxx
What styles of music do you play?
Happy, lost and still unaware.
Quote by Alicee
I gave my brother a hand job. It was weird at first. It was weirder after.

Fender '72 Telecaster Deluxe & Epiphone ES-335 "Dot"
Laney VC15 + Ibanez TS808

I Don't Play Metal.
mg is a bad investment. you could pick up a good used marshall tube combo amp for same price as a new sg. Look at the JCM 2000 DSL 401
Gibson 58 VOS, Gibson Rich Robinson ES-335, Fender Strat, Fender RoadWorn 50's Tele, Gibson LP Jr Special

Marshall JTM45, Fender BJR NOS
I pretty much play anything - Mainly Blues stuff or Alternative Rock styles, I love Classic rock tones in guitar solo's (Like Tony Iommi but also Eric Clapton so it's a tiny bit mixed)
Well, Iommi uses Laneys (I think), so if you're in the UK, Laney valve amps are worth a look.
Quote by Alicee

I Don't Play Metal.
Always remember that wattage does not equal loudness, tone or quality. Shop wisely and try out as many different amps as you can.
Quote by Alicee

I Don't Play Metal.
I have a vc50 for sale in the classifieds and unlike the ebay has upgraded vintage 30 speakers and has been serviced and retubed. Its a awesome amp. Im in the uk.
You probably don't need a 100 watt amp, certainly not for just practice. 15 - 30 watt all tube amp would most likely be enough for you unless you are playing outdoor festivals. The 30 watt laney would likely be a good fit, unless you could find a good Fender used. For what you play.
Personally i like Mesa, Marshall, Line 6, and Krank but i would just play around and see what you like.