Will be using a pedal for distortion/gain.
Quote by HxCori<3
you sir, are the ultimate UG stereotype, praise a not so good metal player, zakk, put down other peoples playing, seriously say I WAS GONAA PLAYZ SOME UBER LEEDS LOZLOERLS~1!!!11!, and then critique epiphones as if there worth a second glance
Quote by blue_strat
Don't.

Get an amp with good overdrive, and maybe use a pedal to boost it.

No.

Best Fender Head, will be using a pedal for distortion.
Quote by HxCori<3
you sir, are the ultimate UG stereotype, praise a not so good metal player, zakk, put down other peoples playing, seriously say I WAS GONAA PLAYZ SOME UBER LEEDS LOZLOERLS~1!!!11!, and then critique epiphones as if there worth a second glance
^ If you buy a $2000 fender head and run a disto pedal through I will be very disappointed
The fender supersonic is really nice. All tube, very good cleans, and a pretty good amp overdrive channel that you can use in conjunction with pedals.
Alvarez dreadnought
Gibson SG
EC-1000
Homemade Strat (seymour duncan classic stack p/ups)
Vox Tonelab (original desktop model) with full board footswitch
Vox AD50
What music do you play?

I swear, if you say metal...
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
there is only one fender head on guitarcenter that worthwhile so ya

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

Why does it have to be a Fender?

Horlicks posted the right amp for what you're looking for.

Quote by Horlicks
Rockerverb 50, fender cleans, orange overdrive
http://youtube.com/watch?v=E3-l6plJXpE

Just to re-iterate the fact that you should get this, I'll quote it.
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
Last edited by stratman_13 at Apr 26, 2008,
Quote by ParryPerson
No.

Best Fender Head, will be using a pedal for distortion.

what type of music will you be playing? if it's mainly cleans, with only the odd overdriven moment, then a fender head with a pedal might be a good idea.

but if you're mainly playing distortion, i agree with the others, I think you're going about this ass-backwards... your amp should be aimed at the main tone you need, in my opinion (unless, i guess, you play in a covers band which plays a little of everything...)...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
what type of music will you be playing? if it's mainly cleans, with only the odd overdriven moment, then a fender head with a pedal might be a good idea.

ding ding ding ding.
Quote by HxCori<3
A bassman. 1964 (some of the early 65's are ok too) or older if you don't want to do some rewiring. If you don't mind a bit of rewiring then one of the blackface bassman amps with the ab165 layout would be ok.
Not taking any online orders.
Quote by CorduroyEW
A bassman. 1964 (some of the early 65's are ok too) or older if you don't want to do some rewiring. If you don't mind a bit of rewiring then one of the blackface bassman amps with the ab165 layout would be ok.

What do you think of a bassman silverface with some kind of pedal in front?
Quote by HxCori<3
I think it would be nicer to all of us if you weren't so condescending. It isn't very becoming. Just get a Fender Bassman with an OD...
Quote by thrilla13w
The hotbar should be floating parallel to the principle axis at this point. Next, take a hammer, and beat yourself in the face while crying JIHAD. problem fixed.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
cowdude speaks words of infinite wisdomery.
Quote by ParryPerson
What do you think of a bassman silverface with some kind of pedal in front?

Not without some rewiring. The later the silverface the worse they got. The very 1st silverface bassman amps were the same as the very last blackface amps except they had caps on the output tubes that you need to clip out. Later silverface amps (AA371) got a lot worse. If you do get a silverface bassman make sure it's the ab165 circut and then be sure you know how to change the bias and negative feedback back to blackface specs. If you don't feel like you can do that then don't go silverface.

And for what it's worth, My bassman was a 1966 which is kind of a hybrid between silverface and blackface. Somebody had tried to convert it to blackface specs and did it wrong. I changed it back to stock, then I later changed it to a hybrid of the AA864 and ab165. Finaly I gave in and fully converted it to AA864 specs. It sound the best now that it's at the true AA864 layout
Not taking any online orders.
Last edited by CorduroyEW at Apr 26, 2008,
Quote by CorduroyEW
Not without some rewiring. The later the silverface the worse they got. The very 1st silverface bassman amps were the same as the very last blackface amps except they had caps on the output tubes that you need to clip out. Later silverface amps got a lot worse. If you do get a silverface bassman make sure it's the ab165 circut and then be sure you know how to change the biase circut and negative feedback. If you don't feel like you can do that then don't go silverface.

It's a shame, as they are quite a bit cheaper. I'll look into how much time it would take to learn to mod one. Thanks!
Quote by HxCori<3
i'm not too well up on vintage fenders, but i'm guessing a bassman with od would be good.

out of the more modern fenders, the supersonic is pretty good if (as you say) you need cleans a lot, as you can get both a tweed and blackface-style clean out of it, so it's pretty versatile if you need cleans a lot. And the overdrive channel isn't bad as long as you don't need it to get too heavy.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?