So I have a Kustom I Lead that I got from my grandpa a while back. I believe its and early '70's model but I'm not positive. It has a master volume and I can get some really great sounding light distortion out of it. Its a solid state but still. The only thing I don't like about it is that sometimes it has too much mids for liking. Would it be advisable or even possible to add a middle cut knob? I'm probably going to replace the pots soon anyway since they are kinda old. I also tried to find a schematic for it on the internet and well thats not going so well.
Quote by Peradactyl
alright, off topic but how do i make forum posts

Quote by The_Paranoia
a4lrocker is an offical thread legend.
I was afraid you might say that
Quote by Peradactyl

Quote by The_Paranoia
Quote by timi_hendrix
Buy a cheap EQ pedal and use that.

I guess I could do that and it would be a lot simpler Any specific one you would suggest?

EDIT: MXR six-band EQ perhaps?
Quote by Peradactyl

Quote by The_Paranoia
Last edited by a4lrocker at Apr 26, 2008,
Quote by a4lrocker
So I have a Kustom I Lead that I got from my grandpa a while back. I believe its and early '70's model but I'm not positive. It has a master volume and I can get some really great sounding light distortion out of it. Its a solid state but still. The only thing I don't like about it is that sometimes it has too much mids for liking. Would it be advisable or even possible to add a middle cut knob? I'm probably going to replace the pots soon anyway since they are kinda old. I also tried to find a schematic for it on the internet and well thats not going so well.
If it is a Kustom I Lead, it will indeed be from the mid '70s. They're an interesting amp. They had one of the best solid state distortion tones of that era. But I'm not so sure you have a real Kustom I Lead.

The 8 controls from left to right should be:
Drive, Volume, Bass, Middle, Treble, Speed ,Depth and Reverb.

Maybe you should post a pic of this amp, and we might be able to tell you what you actually have.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.

Any ideas. I'm pretty sure its not a fake but I don't know for sure. Sorry they aren't the best quality pictures.

EDIT: They are also pretty big I guess...sorry about that guys. Underneath the cable the middle knob reads Treble in case you couldn't tell.
Quote by Peradactyl

Quote by The_Paranoia