Page 1 of 12
This is a thread about my new favorite jam band Phish. Discuss, post pics whatever you want to but make it about Phish.
Oct. 20th, 2009: New guitar AND front row for Mars Volta.

Quote by denizenz
Is that a ukulele in your pants, or did you just rip ass to the tune of "Aloha Oi"?

I met Sonic Youth on June 30th, and Mars Volta on Oct 20th.
all year i've been covering character zero for like every school function. its fun different people and jams every time

i love phish

i hope they get back together

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

I really like Phish as well. I love the long instrumentals or their more conventional songs like Farmhouse and Free (epic song). From what I've heard (Billy Breathes, A Picture Of Nectar, Junta and some random other songs) Junta is probably my least favourite except for You Enjoy Myself, The Divided Sky and the Fluff songs.
yeah everybody wanted me to hear them so after a year or two i finally decide to give it a listen they are awesome i've been listening to them nonstop since i woke up.

Quote by denizenz
Is that a ukulele in your pants, or did you just rip ass to the tune of "Aloha Oi"?

well try farmhouse it's a great album.

Quote by denizenz

or hoist

didnt trey pay someone to write a good portion of that album

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

^I'd get a live album, like A Live One or Live at Madison Square Garden. The only way to truly hear Phish in their element is to listen to a live album.
Co-Founder of the Creedence Clearwater Revival Fanclub...PM me or Pi3h-B0y to join!

Member #17 of the UG Queen Fanclub!...PM Hanzi_G to join!

The Sinister Minister of Zeppelinism...Pm TheHeartbreaker to join.
yup, i haven't bought any of their stuff yet, but i have heard alot of there stuff and love farmhouse.

Quote by denizenz

the only phish thats really worth buying is anything live. they area "jam band" and improv is what they are all about, so you must get live stuff. I have Madison Square Garden, A Live One, Vegas '96, Slip Stich Pass, and a few random other live songs and ****, but they are all great. Their studio stuff isnt bad at all but they are at their best live
Wading In The Velvet Sea - My favourite solo, it makes me cry

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Anyone know where I can find live Phish tabs?

Quote by denizenz

http://www.strangedesign.org/chords/index.php

This is a site for Phish tabs in general. I don't know if there is anywhere that has specifically live tabs.
Co-Founder of the Creedence Clearwater Revival Fanclub...PM me or Pi3h-B0y to join!

like Dave Matthews and BSO, only get the live stuff, studio is nowhere near comparison
Top 15:
Neutral Milk Hotel
Smashing Pumpkins
Placebo
Elliott Smith
Devendra Banhart
Pavement
Anberlin
Eve 6
The Clash
Imogen Heap
Ingrid Michaelson
Bayside
Minus The Bear
The Replacements
Bright Eyes/Conor Oberst
You gotta listen to live cd's ... Studio Phish is not very good. If you really want to get your mind blown, pick up some of their dvd's.
studio phish is good. just because their live stufff is superior, it doesn't mean their studio isn't good. a picture of nectar, lawn boy, and junta are all great albums.

anyway, i was listening to slip,stich,and pass while blazing with my friend. great, great stuff.
I'm gonna try and find some of their stuff.

I'll try to snoop out some of their live stuff.
*looks at wikipedia*
there is a lot of it!
Some people like cupcakes exclusively, while myself, I say there is naught nor ought there be nothing so exalted on the face of God's grey Earth as that prince of foods:

the muffin!
Been meaning to get into these guys

recommend a first album for me to buy?
any live
Top 15:
Neutral Milk Hotel
Smashing Pumpkins
Placebo
Elliott Smith
Devendra Banhart
Pavement
Anberlin
Eve 6
The Clash
Imogen Heap
Ingrid Michaelson
Bayside
Minus The Bear
The Replacements
Bright Eyes/Conor Oberst
I need an album recomendation, I only have a live CD.
Quote by Dog454
Zakk Wylde is a Viking, and history has proven that you cannot own Vikings, it's impossible.

POKER..UG
Live Phish Madison Square Garden 12 29 1997

Quote by denizenz

If anyone has the Solo for Sample in a Jar, Ive been trying forever to get that. Any live versions or the studio version, please post it.

I also have a thread on this in tabtalk.

Many disagree, but I found Live in Brooklyn to be their best show. Perfect lineup, fantastic jams.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCs9sHDwP-U

great song i'm learning to play it now

Quote by denizenz

I watched some live videos and loved them all, so I went out and bought Farmhouse. I hate it, it sounds too poppy or something, I don't know. I only like the last few tracks.

I guess i'll go buy some live stuff next.
Calender

Quote by Xaldin714
why does Thin Lizzy sing in english if they are from ireland
Yeah try some live stuff, most people don't like the studio stuff.

Quote by denizenz

Farmhouse is the most commercial of Phish's releases. Definitely go with the live stuff if that is what you enjoyed before.

So, did anyone hear that there is a good chance of a Phish reunion? Trey is saying how he wants phish back now.
Yea, I saw that as well. As with any reunion talk, I'll believe it when it actually happens.

I heard they would get back together if trey stayed sober for a year.

Quote by denizenz

Well, Trey's legal problems seem to be over and done with for the time being (as evidenced by him playing shows again). But I really don't see Phish getting back together and touring any time soon.

Quote by Cptbeefheart
Well, Trey's legal problems seem to be over and done with for the time being (as evidenced by him playing shows again). But I really don't see Phish getting back together and touring any time soon.

What legal problems?

And judging from the reasons they gave for stopping the band, having done everything, I don't see them reuniting. Perhaps they could try to make a cd as good as their live shows though.
He got arrested for some illegal substances a while back.

Quote by denizenz

Yeah, surprisingly it wasn't weed.

Quote by denizenz

Can somebody recommend me an album to listen to? I've not heard anything by them before, but they seem interesting.
Quote by SlinkyBlue
I remember when I was really young, I had a wet dream in which i was being dragged along an urban countryside by a pickup truck.

Don't ask me I have no idea how the hell it happened.

To Me:

Quote by Son.Of.TheViper

I love you
Quote by Psychedelico
Can somebody recommend me an album to listen to? I've not heard anything by them before, but they seem interesting.

I'd say either a live album or Billy Breathes. Billy breathes doesn't really show their jam band qualities but it contains some of the most awesome songs I know.