So I want to start an electronic duo over the internet. Looking for someone to collaborate with with. I own a cheap casio 61 key- keyboard, alesis sr-16 drum machine, OLD Roland CR1000 drum machine, and a very rare Casio PT-80. Looking for a lo-fi sound, as you can tell. Post here, and then we'll PM or w.e
Quote by ottoavist

i suppose there's a chance
i'm just a litte too shallow to consider
that maybe i've been a little more eager
each day to wake up and take a shower
brush my teeth and smile for the mirror
Last edited by freshtunes at Apr 26, 2008,
beyond lo fi, what sound are you looking to get? any specific instrumentation etc? vocals?
Quote by skater dan0
...and the bassist comes up to the EQ and moves all the sliders into the typical smiley face pattern and in a really thick Jamaican accent said "you can't have de bass without de smiley face"
Quote by TagRingo
beyond lo fi, what sound are you looking to get? any specific instrumentation etc? vocals?

Think... Cassettes Won't Listen, Postal Service, Casiotone for the Painfully Alone, but also with some different non -electronic sounds such as John Fusciante's solo work, Neutral Milk Hotel, Modest Mouse. Vocals can be anything. I kind of like the mellow, depressive, but somewhat playful sound.
Quote by ottoavist

Last edited by freshtunes at Apr 26, 2008,
can you link me to some of your stuff if you have anything recorded? i unfortunately can't help you now, but if you're still interested in the future i definitely would be too.
Quote by skater dan0
...and the bassist comes up to the EQ and moves all the sliders into the typical smiley face pattern and in a really thick Jamaican accent said "you can't have de bass without de smiley face"
I don't have any electronic **** on my computer right now. I got demo tapes(as in cassette tapes), but thats it.
Quote by ottoavist

Dude, I'm there. I lost a lot of **** when my HDD crapped out, but I have some music up at http://www.vampirefreaks.com/ghyt
I too have a bunch of demo tapes, I use a handheld Panasonic VAS recorder and use the speaker out to upload the signal to my computer.

I basically don't give a **** what kind of sound we'd play as long as it's interesting. I'm also capable of producing artwork to accompany the music.

So yeah, PM me if you're interested.