Ok. I know I have posted a few threads wondering of the Epiphone G-400. After going into my local guitar center, I picked up a G-400 and started playin through a Marshall MG 100. It sounded alright....Then I picked up a Schecter C-1 Plus....This guitar blew my beloved SG outta the water(in my opinion). SO my question for you is...IS this guitar worth the 600 USD to pay for it?
very worth it. i have that guitar in the vintage sunburst. really good guitar for distortion. i swapped out the duncan designs pickups for some dimebuckers. sounds awesome.
Schecters are amazing. I have the Hellraiser FR version and I absolutely love it. Mine was 850 because of the floyd but its quality is up with guitars much more expensive than it is.

So in short, yes, its most definitely worth it.
2004 Fender American HSS Strat
Hughes And Kettner Switchblade
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR
Epi LP Classic
Epi G-400
Yamaha acoustic
Boss DD-3 Delay
B.Y.O.C. MXR Distortion+
Vox Wah
Ibanez TS9 Tube Screamer
i dont even have one but thier well worth the money
Quote by Jaymz_515
One of my friends was thrown into the sun by a teacher for speaking in the library.
they are quite good. they have a sort of strat feel to them, but they look way better and sound much fuller. yes, that's worth it. but if you have the extra like, 50 bucks or whatever, consider getting the hellraiser, because it's basically the same, but with binding, inlays, and EMG's (of course, only if it fits your playing style).
dst127 wrote:
Soundwash22 wrote:
Fred Durst is the Tom Green of music

No, some people actually like Tom Green.

dancesisidance wrote:
Shiroshu wrote:
I can't see Jimi approving of this.

Me neither, due to him not being alive and all.
the hellraiser is a very metal guitar. good for shredding. i don't necessarily agree that they sound "better and fuller" then strats though. i wouldn't play a strat as a metal guitar.
well i am into very heavy metal along with some trash here and there...but i also have a passion for sum old school metallica, and even some Led Zep. The band i play in is more of a metal band so i figured this would be perfect for my style of playing. Just one more thing, I played the Hellraiser as well and it was nice with the EMGs and whatnot but i must say...i got better distorion out of the duncan desinged pups. and its a hundred bucks less
Get which ever one sounds better. Some people like actives, some like passives. Personally for metal I prefer actives.

And bwalter32, that is precisely why I bought it, for a metal guitar.
2004 Fender American HSS Strat
Hughes And Kettner Switchblade
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR
Epi LP Classic
Epi G-400
Yamaha acoustic
Boss DD-3 Delay
B.Y.O.C. MXR Distortion+
Vox Wah
Ibanez TS9 Tube Screamer
Maybe you should of tried it thorugh a different amp, unless of course if you own an MG then nice.

The c-1's are tight, only thing I don't like on them is the headstock.
Your friendship is a fog, that disappears when the wind re-directs (YEAH!)
My brothers got a C-1+, and its an amazing value for the money. The pickups are good, not great. Some people swap them out, I don't see the need. The action feels great and its got a nice neck, slightly bulky to some people but my brother and I both love it. It's meant for harder rock and metal, but it handles cleans pretty good too. Here's my brothers youtube, he's got around 20 videos using the Schecter.

www.youtube.com/chainedtothegrave
Last edited by KingDev at Apr 26, 2008,