Looking for a Fender guitar, read the title, explains a lot.

But here's where it get's slightly more ocmplicated. I dislike Strats, as they sit wrong on me and I look Gimpy. Personal prefernce, but anyways. Right now the two I've picked are a Japanese Jaguar, or a Classic Player's 50's telecaster. I really really like the maple neck, but I don't know if it would get me that huge high pitched squealing feedback you get if you really crank a Jag. You get what i mean, as in the fuzzy, over the top, distorted Shoegaze sound. Can a tele do that?

The Jag has a shorter scale though.

All I've played is a few barre chords on a 50s Strat (Basically the same) and teh neck was a beauty. I can try a Jaguar soon though, and I can say etc. But anything that might sway it?

I have a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe, A Big Muff, A DS-2, A DMM, A DD-6 and soon a ProCo RAT. I play anything really, from shoegaze, to experimental hardcore, to Classic Rock, to to prog, and back all over again.

Jaguar
Tele
best fender under £500? highway 1 jazz bass no contest

im a sucker for the jap tele custom, the binding one *drool* if you can stretch

jags are nice tho. again, the highway 1 series is good for strats and teles
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
get the jag, from what i hear there alot more versatile
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
i haven't tried a classic player's 50s tele, but i've tried classic player's 50s strats, and an MIJ tokai (or similar) copy would annihilate it.

i'm not familiar with jaguars, which is why i'm not suggesting which to go for.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
First of all, I'd really recommend you don't limit yourself to one brand, but it's your decision.

Second, tele's are good for a nice clean tone (the kind you generally don't find in hardcore...). I don't know much about jags, though.
Quote by J_J

stupid ppl (they're like slinkies, not good for much, but they make you smile when pushed down the stairs)

Quote by Meths

Holy non-gender specific pronoun Batman!

Quote by freakypop

you dont rly play guitar if you dont shred
Fender Highway One Telecaster. I ownz one!
"Make my funk the P-Funk, I want my funk uncut"
Quote by jambi_mantra
James, are you God?

Fender Highway One Tele
1985 Encore 335
Takamine EG523sc
Laney VC15
Vox V847
MXR M-108
EHX Q-Tron+, Big Muff Pi, POG
MI Audio Crunch Box
Yamaha DTXplorer DrumKit
by no means trust me, but from what i've heard about both, The Jag...
If you like Blues/Rock then add me as a friend. I need to talk to some Blues/Rock Musicians and need reccomendations.
Quote by demonmouse500
First of all, I'd really recommend you don't limit yourself to one brand, but it's your decision.

agreed. plenty of people make nice teles- g&l, blade, tokai, etc. etc.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Maybe try and find a good used Telecaster Plus? Jonny Greenwood uses one as his main guitar in Radiohead and he gets loads of chaotic sounds out of that thing (and some very nice cleans too).
72 Telecaster Deluxe...Two humbuckers and come in at 479 at gak,co,uk
Damien Rice === Legend