Whats a good brand of bass to use to play thrash/death metal?
I want to go as far to the edge without going over. Out on the edge, you can see all kinds of different things.
basses dont tend to be really genre specific but, ibanez do pretty good sounding basses as do ESP.
umm thunderbird look pretty good but sounds crap and the precision isnt bad but you can do it on pretty much everything.

but before you do. get acquainted with the searchbar please. im bored of metal bass threadS?
My red is so confident that he flashes trophies of war and
ribbons of euphoria
any bass can play HM, or thrashmetal. as always, i suggest the Fender Jazz, but Ibanez and Schecter, with active electronics, have a more modern sound you might like.
Quote by 83lespaulstudio
any bass can play HM, or thrashmetal. as always, i suggest the Fender Jazz, but Ibanez and Schecter, with active electronics, have a more modern sound you might like.

As said, almost any bass can do metal well. However, more modern sounding brands such as Warwick and Spector do have an advantage.

Go with whatever you like the feel and tone of.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
i'd give it up to ESP for metal but i agree that fender basses are really all around and can do damn near anything
Quote by afratmdk
i'd give it up to ESP for metal but i agree that fender basses are really all around and can do damn near anything

That's not really the point - the point is that any bass can play any genre, but it's up to the player and the EQ'ing that makes it fit.