I think the output transformer in my amp has gone, or lost 90% of it's power because my amp no longer has volume. I replaced all the valves in my Laney LC-15R yesterday (3 ECC83's and 2 EL84's) but nothing came up of it. I then turned both the gain and the volime up to max, and it was just audible. What was audible was a horribly distorted mess (not good distortion, annoying fissy hissy distortion).

I thought it was one of the valve sockets, but all of the valves are lighting up. So now I'm thinking that it's the output transformer. How would I go about changing/checking this?

Any information would be brilliant, I have no idea what to do with my amp
There are hundreds of things it can be that have nothing to do with the output transformer. On the other hand, it could be the output transformer. This is one of those times you should take the amp to a tech and see what they tell you.
Not taking any online orders.
How old is it? If you have warranty left you can get it replaced for free.
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Valves lighting up does not equal working. What color are they lighting up? Also, check your fuses, look inside, check and make sure no caps have blown. Check all the little things first. If you reach no conclusion, take it to a tech. Most people make the horrible mistake of assuming the answer is always something big, but didnt bother checking little things. In the end they always spend way too much money because they end up replacing a bunch of stuff. Check all of the weakest links/ most likely to break things
╠═══════╬═══════╣

Tap Tempo Tap Dancer of τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

MINION of the"I drive a stick cause I'm better than you!!" Club

PM TehNez or IbanezPlayer27 to join.

EHX Users Guild. Bugera Users Militia
The MXR Lounge
thank you

what do I need to check overall? sorry if it's such a wide-spanning question, but what are the main areas that I should check?
Well, take the chassis out, and check the fuses. You can take a multimeter and see if it still works (if you cant see through it already). A fuse blowing is meant to protect the rest of the circuit from frying. If those are good, then look at your capacitors. Make sure none of them have swelled, or the crimped tops blown open. Look at your tubes when you turn it on. If you see any white inside, or a red glow instead of the normal orange, or sometimes blue, its gone
╠═══════╬═══════╣

Tap Tempo Tap Dancer of τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

MINION of the"I drive a stick cause I'm better than you!!" Club

PM TehNez or IbanezPlayer27 to join.

EHX Users Guild. Bugera Users Militia
The MXR Lounge