Cormorant (they're better than Possessed! Just ask Jeff Becerra!)

Page 4 of 7
Quote by Keth
Eeeh, I'm getting a 'Not Authorized' message.... The hell ><

You have to have an account there.
Quote by Keth
I got a (fresh) account there, and I can view all the other boards in the music section (as far as I've checked), except the Metal one...

your account is probably provisional...however I don't know if that would do anything exactly. Just keep checking
Finally got around to checking out metazoa today.

****ing awesome, don't know why I didn't listen earlier...
Quote by severed-metal
Come to think of it, my penis should've listened to more death metal.

Quote by Morphogenesis26
So my question is. Can Pre-Cum fluid pass through my underwear, my jeans, onto and through her jeans, through her underwear, and impregnate her?
The whole "RISE!!! RISE!!!" section is so sick.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Are they still releasing Metazoa on vinyl?

Ill definitely buy it if they do, I'm just not sure whether to order the CD now or wait.
They announced that they would be when the CD came out, just a few months later.

Well it's been a few months,so they may not be following through with that.
They're planning to do it at some point, but they lack the money. Vinyl pressing is expensive, and they also have to pay for recording/releasing the next album.

It'll happen eventually, but I wouldn't sit around waiting for it.
I believe Sky Burial is my favorite after a few listens. Scavenger's feast sounds really Slough fegey to me (which is awesome).
Quote by severed-metal

Quote by Morphogenesis26
So my question is. Can Pre-Cum fluid pass through my underwear, my jeans, onto and through her jeans, through her underwear, and impregnate her?
so what's the point of voting? like, what happens with the band that wins?
Free your mind and your ass will follow
The kingdom of heaven is within
Open up your funky mind and you can fly

Sumdeus
Hey all, thanks so much for your support! We in Cormorant really appreciate it. :-)

I haven't yet gone through the backlog of this thread, but I did notice someone mentioned a vinyl version of Metazoa. I did indeed promise one, and I'm truly sorry we haven't been able to deliver yet due to financial constraints. At issue is the length of the album (70 minutes) demanding a double LP release, which unfortunately is prohibitively expensive for us. It was a decision between printing vinyl and recording a new album. We're going into the studio in the Spring of 2011, so we made that choice, and I feel new music is more important than existing music in a different (though amazing) physical format.

So basically if this new release does well enough, we'll try to have our backlog released on vinyl, independently or not. Though we're very anti-label in general, we're not opposed to licensing out the rights to vinyl printings in the future.

Happy holidays!
-Arthur
Thanks so much for everyone who's voted so far!

Quote by Scourge441
I didn't know they were planning to release demos for free. Definitely looking forward to those.

We're still doing this. We've been recording our jams for years now, so we have a massive backlog of stuff. The plan is to release some of the better instrumental jams once a week to hype up the new album. So this will be after we've finished recording, sometime in the Spring. We just need to get a proper website up to host.
Last edited by TheTiberian at Dec 25, 2010,
^Sounds good. I'm waiting for it man!
Quote by severed-metal

Quote by Morphogenesis26
Quote by Steve08
Arthur, is there any chance of a tour sometime?

We would LOVE to tour the East Coast, but it's so tough because we're all managers at our day jobs (I run my city's recycling center, Matt is a chief editor for a media company, and Nick and Brennan both lead solar panel crews). Hard enough to secure the two weeks off for recording the album! The goal for us right now is to keep increasing national exposure from new releases/press, and perhaps one day we'll be able to play some festival dates or eek out some week-long mini-tours once there's more name recognition for the band.

Since we're independent, it's a slow process. We function as our own label so we need to keep our jobs to continue to release new albums.
I think I've said it already on that website as well as Facebook, but your list was by far the best. Brad the agitator's list was really good too.

(this one is great also: http://www.metalinjection.net/best-of-2010/grim-kims-top-10-releases-2010-youve-heard)
Last edited by Steve08 at Dec 25, 2010,
Oh fuck yes, Sabbath Assembly!
lstfm

I'm a Nazi, baby
I'm a Nazi, yes I am
I'm a Nazi schatzi, you know I'll fight for the Fatherland
Quote by Steve08
I think I've said it already on that website as well as Facebook, but your list was by far the best. Brad the agitator's list was really good too.

(this one is great also: http://www.metalinjection.net/best-of-2010/grim-kims-top-10-releases-2010-youve-heard)

Hey thanks! Actually I feel Fenriz's list was better than mine.

And yeah Brad is hilarious. He's been a friend of mine for years and he's always been a glorious shit-disturber (can we swear on these forums?). He keeps me posted on all the best underground trad, doom, and war metal bands.
Last edited by TheTiberian at Dec 25, 2010,
Quote by The Wildchild
Oh fuck yes, Sabbath Assembly!

Hell yes! Nice to find another fan. When I first heard Restored to One I listened to it for about a week straight.
Quote by Keth
Hey Arthur, what's the dealio with the song Ronin? Saw a few scrobbles on last.fm, and found this gem on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qefkpHM7SaM

Ronin was a self-recorded bedroom demo we tracked even before the release of our EP. It's just keyboard, acoustic guitar and vocals, in kind of a doomy, atmospheric neo-folk style. We'd like to eventually build a whole album around that mood. What you hear on the video only constitutes one verse of the whole song, which is about a homeless person I knew growing up in San Francisco who told me stories about his time in Vietnam.

We never officially released it, but since demand for it was so high I let a fan upload it to YouTube.
Quote by TheTiberian
We would LOVE to tour the East Coast, but it's so tough because we're all managers at our day jobs (I run my city's recycling center, Matt is a chief editor for a media company, and Nick and Brennan both lead solar panel crews). Hard enough to secure the two weeks off for recording the album! The goal for us right now is to keep increasing national exposure from new releases/press, and perhaps one day we'll be able to play some festival dates or eek out some week-long mini-tours once there's more name recognition for the band.

Since we're independent, it's a slow process. We function as our own label so we need to keep our jobs to continue to release new albums.

What about making it out to Boulder or the Mile High city?!

I'd love to see y'all live, and have a few friends who probably would as well. xD
Quote by MoogleRancha
It's like Fenriz and J. Read

"I'm so happy to love metal and stuff"

"I AM metal"
Ha, yeah unfortunately it's the same answer for any kind of major touring, at least for the time being. We can't really afford it since we're all pretty tied down with major responsibilities. I've been saving my vacation time like crazy to take two weeks off for this next album recording, so we'll see how much time I have left after that. But then I'm coordinating with three other guys and their jobs too, so it's pretty tricky.

I have much respect for bands who pull it off but we're pretty locked into "real life," which sucks in some ways, but in other ways means we can pay to record our own music and not have to suck at a label's teat.

And thanks again for everyone who's voting for us on the Unsigned Band Contest here on Ultimate Guitar.

If we win it will go a long way toward affording us the exposure to perhaps secure a nice mini-tour or festival in the future.
Last edited by Ximich at Dec 8, 2014,
I don't know if this has been asked yet, but how did you decide on the name Cormorant?

We've got plenty of double crested cormmies around here, and they're...well...yeah:

there's actually been culls in the area because their numbers are so big, their shit (literally) is killing vegetation on small islands in lake erie.
"there's actually been culls in the area because their numbers are so big, their shit (literally) is killing vegetation on small islands in lake erie."

That's pretty metal, no?

The actual source is this line from Milton's Paradise Lost:

"Thence up [the Devil] flew, and on the Tree of Life,
The middle Tree and highest there that grew,
Sat like a Cormorant."

Last edited by TheTiberian at Dec 26, 2010,
FYI to anyone who doesn't know, you can vote for Cormorant as UG's Unsigned Band of the Year by posting their name in the comments on the front page story.
Voted, y'all.
Quote by MoogleRancha
It's like Fenriz and J. Read

"I'm so happy to love metal and stuff"

"I AM metal"