Page 1 of 2
sup guys?
seven foot guitarist here, i was wondering what you guys think are the biggest looking guitars? i have a schecter tempest and a gibson explorer pro, but they look kinda small on me when i play them standing up. i know bucket head is 6'4" and plays a king v, but i don't like jacksons too much.
inb4 "omgz wut a freek!1!1!!"
I can't stand watching people waste their money on horrible gear.
well explorer pros are smaller than regular explorers. try a regular explorer
GUITARS:
Ibanez s40dxqm
Gibson SG faded

Amp:
Peavey JSX 120watt head
Mesa Boogie recto 2x12 Cab
yah a razorback those things are huge, itll probally look tiny on you however b/c im 6 foot and it looks normal on me so, try a double neck
(Invalid img)
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Depends on what she's on top of. If she's on top of my pizza I'm gonna have to scissor kick a bitch.

MY BUILD!
Not a music man, that's for sure...hahaha
Ya, I'm gonna say a dean ML. They're massive.
"Strangers passing in the street, by chance two separate glances meet, and I am you and what I see is me."
Quote by Nitroduck
(Invalid img)

This my friend, is a bass.

Count em' one...two...three...four
Quote by Pingis_Or_Death
A Dean razorback, or any other Dime signature guitar (ML).

+1

GUITARS:
Ibanez s40dxqm
Gibson SG faded

Amp:
Peavey JSX 120watt head
Quote by the-patient

your miscounted ...5

that razorback v above me is sex , omg i want one so bad, but im so poor
Quote by the-patient

thank you, Mr. Ihavenosenseofhumor, I didn't notice that.
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Depends on what she's on top of. If she's on top of my pizza I'm gonna have to scissor kick a bitch.

MY BUILD!
Quote by Nitroduck
thank you, Mr. Ihavenosenseofhumor, I didn't notice that.

Haha, relax, I'm just teasing.
Quote by nt1440
why do u care what your guitar looks like on you?

hmm, that's true, it is playability over looks. that's why i bought the guitars i have
Quote by philipisabeast
You're 14 and 7ft tall?

But aye, doublenecks are always a good choice for big un's

correction- almost 15. and i'm DEFINITELY done growing. i've had MRI's, catscans and everything, and they've flat out told me, you're not getting any bigger.
Quote by F8iscruel
your miscounted ...5

technically its not anything theres no bridge or pickups O_O although i guess with a guitar that large you wouldn't need pickups
Seven feet tall...that's impressive. In any case, if I knew what music you played, I could try and think of something...

Doesn't Buckethead have like a baritone Les Paul...like, it's bigger than most LP's isn't it?
Quote by ++BuCkEtHeAd++
technically its not anything theres no bridge or pickups O_O although i guess with a guitar that large you wouldn't need pickups

Hmm - the new variax? Sweet. LED's and ****.
Look at the old Gretsch and Framus guitars- they're not for metal but they're insanely large.
Also, look at the Gibson Doubleneck-
http://www.harmony-central.com/ProductImages/Large/000011101.jpg
As played by Jimmy Page and that guy from Coheed and Cambria.
I really don't think that guy needs such a high-calibur guitar.
Newbs are dorks... oh wait, I'm a newb... shoot...

I DRINK YOUR MILKSHAKE!!!!!! I DRINK IT UP!!!

One of these smilies is mentally challenged
Quote by thefreshman
Look at the old Gretsch and Framus guitars- they're not for metal but they're insanely large.
Also, look at the Gibson Doubleneck-
http://www.harmony-central.com/ProductImages/Large/000011101.jpg
As played by Jimmy Page and that guy from Coheed and Cambria.
I really don't think that guy needs such a high-calibur guitar.

claudio sanchez?
eh, i think he's pretty good, he uses wayy to many harmonics, (coming from a guy in a jfac cover band lol) but he's got a few really smooth solo's in "welcome home".
Quote by XxGibsonSGxX
Seven feet tall...that's impressive. In any case, if I knew what music you played, I could try and think of something...

Doesn't Buckethead have like a baritone Les Paul...like, it's bigger than most LP's isn't it?

that'd be an excellent idea, but if i remember right, baritones are tuned to something like B-standard, and i don't play any Meshuggah, lol
Quote by XxGibsonSGxX

thank ya sir.
the only part i've had in it is not dying for 14 years and having a 6'3 mother
I think you need to spend less time playing guitar and more time playing basketball haha.
Quote by M Power
I think you need to spend less time playing guitar and more time playing basketball haha.

heh. hes probly told that alot. coaches from local highschools are always trying to recruit me for foot ball.
GUITARS:
Ibanez s40dxqm
Gibson SG faded

Amp:
Peavey JSX 120watt head
Quote by the-patient

There's 5

Center
Quote by ezlntrooper
A doubleneck. An ES-355.

+1 for semi-hollows

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
Quote by iplayanesp
heh. hes probly told that alot. coaches from local highschools are always trying to recruit me for foot ball.

like every day. sometimes it's even the same person lol
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Gretsch-Guitars-G5120-Electromatic-Hollow-Body-with-DualCoil-Pickups?sku=513282

maybe something along those massive hollowbody lines? like a big ass jazz box or something?
Quote by skater dan0
...and the bassist comes up to the EQ and moves all the sliders into the typical smiley face pattern and in a really thick Jamaican accent said "you can't have de bass without de smiley face"
Quote by TagRingo
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Gretsch-Guitars-G5120-Electromatic-Hollow-Body-with-DualCoil-Pickups?sku=513282

maybe something along those massive hollowbody lines? like a big ass jazz box or something?

have one of those actually. i oughta take a pic with me holding it... it does look pretty good. but jazz and blues aren't my primary genres. metal is.
Quote by tallaxegrinder
correction- almost 15. and i'm DEFINITELY done growing. i've had MRI's, catscans and everything, and they've flat out told me, you're not getting any bigger.

14 = Nearly 15, but I was a little suprised you have grown so fast

A double necked guitar would be really OTT and heavy if you did go down that alley, i'd just go for a V guitar really
Gretsch white falcon or a country gentleman
98' 1960 Les Paul Classic
00' 57' Reissue Goldtop Les Paul
92' R0' Historic Les Paul

Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Trem-o-verb 2x12 combo
Mesa 2x12 Rectifier Extention cabinet
Boss GT-8
Korg DTR-1 Rackmount tuner
Sennheiser WZ-300 wireless
Page 1 of 2