Lately i've just been leaning my guitar up agains things like my wall, amp, etc.
I want to get either a hanger or a stand, but which one's better. I sort of want the hanger, but what if it falls? What are the differences between the two?
O O

___
with a hanger, it can fall off the wall if you suck at diy.

with a floor stand, the stand can be knocked over.

it really depends. i use a multi-floor stand because i don't really have any walls which don't have blaring sun shining on them all day, and also i suck at diy.

EDIT: wall hanger is probably better if you're good at diy and have a suitable wall.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
i guess hanger, b/c i can probably get my dad to do it, we have a stud finder, and those little screws that when you screw them in, they open behind the wall like wings, to hold it in.
my dad's really good at diy, i'm okay.

EDIT: i've got walls with no sunlight, too.
O O

___
Last edited by TheBax at Apr 26, 2008,
a hanger can save space in your room but you always want to take a stand with you to gigs or even just jamming with friends. hangers look cool though
stand is cheaper and far easier, but a wall hanger is cool.
go for a stand
Now officially has too much gear to list

PM me if you want to know about my recording setup
Hangars bug me because I don't like throwing that much weight onto the headstock of my guitar, I don't actually know if it does anything. But I just prefer to have the leaning stands.

Oh well, probably just some stupid superstition - it's just your preference. Make sure you screw the wall hanger into a stud in the wall!
i'm kind of worried about the weight thing on the headstock, too...idk. i guess a hanger sounds pretty good right now though.

and to cerveza, i've seen hangers cheaper than stands.
O O

___
Quote by kfilly20
use your brain and think for yourself

Yes, TS, you should always use your brain to think. Unlike this ^ guy, who seems to think with his ass.

I would recommend stand, myself. Hangers just seem too precarious to me, they make me nervous (that's just personal preference, though). But seriously, if you put the stand in a corner it's not that likely to get knocked over, especially if you keep it in your room/out of high traffic areas.
Quote by J_J

stupid ppl (they're like slinkies, not good for much, but they make you smile when pushed down the stairs)

Quote by Meths

Holy non-gender specific pronoun Batman!

Quote by freakypop

you dont rly play guitar if you dont shred