Well i'm writing this song, and i figured out how to do a key change and all that but it's still not quite what i'm looking for. I've decided that i want a happier sound but still same sounding chords and i was wondering what the chords would be if i found the relative major(3 steps up).I figured that part out but that's not the confusing part, in the minor chord progression i have major chords, i was wondering if i turned these into minor or if i kept them the same or i moved them three steps up. Sorry if i have you confused.Please help!
My Gear
Yamaha Pacifica (D'addario Flatwound)
Roland Cube 60 watt
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi
Boss RC-2
Montana Acoustic Guitar(Martin Regular)
also whats the relative major of dmadd9
My Gear
Yamaha Pacifica (D'addario Flatwound)
Roland Cube 60 watt
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi
Boss RC-2
Montana Acoustic Guitar(Martin Regular)
So the first part is in a minor key?

In that part, include some of the chords you use in the major part after the key change.

Experiment with different uses of the major chords in the minor section, see how where they feature in the progression effects the whole sound & impact.

Maybe you were asking something completely different, I dunno.
The relative major is a minor third up (3 steps up - a tone and a half) But TECHNICALLY the relative minor is actually a 6th. anyway sorry, a pianist had a go at me about this the other day (A)...

You're REALLY REALLY RAELLY confused btw

Ok. When you're in a minor scale, the major scale is a part of it. The major scale STARTS on the minor third of the minor scale. Say you're in A minor. The first note is A, so the minor third is C. So C is the major. A is the 6th of the C major scale.

Now, the other obvious minors in that are E (3rd) and D (2nd) with the G (5th, this can be major or minor, but that gets confusing so playing it as a major will give a MUCH happier sound)

I advise going through and learning all your major scales. It's simple enough. Because relating your scales to majors and minors can he hard if you don't know what you're doing.

Take this chord change I like to use a lot. Cm, Ab Major, Eb Major, Bb Major.

That chould be Ab major, Eb Major, or C natural minor... (and possibly some variation of Bb Major, it's 3.15am and im' not at my best)

So yeah. Before you start trying to relate songs. Know your scales.

If you still want help, PM me the tab or the chord structure and the key you THINK it's in and i'll have a mess around and help you find a happier sounding chord structure or whatever.
Need Singing Advice?; Read the first page then ask questions.

Quote by punkman_123
Damn Auals, you're messed up. :P

Quote by ZanasCross
This just reminded me of the time that my brother in law texted his mom on the night after his wedding. All it said was "Consummated."