Why would it matter at all, unless one pedal's bypass is so bad it ruins to sound of all your other pedals?
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
like a boss bd-2, damn

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

Quote by gm jack
Why would it matter at all, unless one pedal's bypass is so bad it ruins to sound of all your other pedals?

Just try to get good quality pedals which you like the sound of. You can also get or make true bypass strips for buffered pedals. Brand does not matter.
why would you not?

i have 2 dunlop wahs with an mxr equaliser, and the rest of my fx are boss.
i went with dunlop wah's, because they're tied with morely for best quality wah fx, and i prefered them to the morleys. the mxr was because i wanted an eq, and most of my favourite artists had this rather than the boss. i went with boss for the other fx because theyre very professional, durable, and give me exactly what i need.

you could argue that not mixing fx brands would be like not mixing guitar, amp, and fx brands - i have a strat, therefore i will use fender amps and fender fx. it just doesnt work lol!

peace.
I always find it strange when people use just one brand of pedals. That's just silly.
i use JEN (no longer exist), Boss, Marshall, EHX and Danelectro pedals currently. it would be pointless if different brands of pedals somehow weren't compatible with each other...
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Quote by kyrreca
I always find it strange when people use just one brand of pedals. That's just silly.

Me too. I guess it's somewhat logical, but then again... naah.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
This is a different question.
Tom Anderson Hollow Classic
72 thin line tele

Barber trifecta fuzz
Mi audio Crunch Box
Clyde Wah
Barber Burn Unit
Ocean efx Texas deuce
Boomerang chorus delay
Barber ltd

1971 Pro reverb
Fender acoustasonic
Fender super champ xd
Quote by sillypuddy521
how does this "true bypass" work?

In some effects, when the buffered bypass is not very good, the effect's sound can 'bleed' through to mess with you cleans. In true-bypass you have something like a 3pdt switch which physically takes the effect 'out of the loop'. The series of wires being used are no longer the same that run through the pedal.

In layman's terms of course.