Hey Guys :P

So there is a guy that is selling "Gibson X-Plorer Studio" for 500bucks with case, i read on website that this model is only 90% of size from the original.... and it has mini-humbuckers, what are these mini-humbucers? if i want to change them, can i fit the original size ones in this model? thanks :P

P.S. do you know any other guitar models that look like Gibson Explorer or anything alike?
smile
I didn't know Gibson made Studio versions of the explorer. I'd hate a smaller Explorer though... :/
Phrases Label
The Bohemes
---
The White Strat w/Dimebucker
Tokai Explorer Korina
Ibanez RG570 Purple Neon
Gibson Les Paul Deluxe Ebony
Fender Telecaster Apple Red
Dano '59 Burgundy
Ibanez Artcore AM-73
personally, i dont like the explorer neck, but if uve played it and like it, buy it.

and about the mini humbuckers, im not so sure. sorry

ESP/LTD makes other explorer shaped guitar, theyre actually pretty good
they go by the EX and FX model names
(Main)Gear-v
Jackson Dinky DKMGT
PRS SE Paul Allender
Peavey 6505+ 112
a smaller explorer? blasphemy!
Brigadier of the 7-string legion. 7>6

Fender Telecaster
Schecter Damien 7
Engl Fireball
is there any difference between the real thing and the studio version? what is this "studio" version made for? for studio recordings?

i want something something cheap.. if i had enought money i would pay 1200$ for the real thing...

i will be getting a ussed one i think.. .
smile
studio versions are/were made for the 'budget musician'.
the gibson LP studio was made as a cheaper version than the standard.
it's meant to sund almost the same but at a cheaper price, which is why it has no inlays, binding etc etc.
play it and see if you like it, then buy it if you want it.
Quote by atr5557
i just got the boss mt-2 metal zone pedal today. i got the adapter for it but how do i know if its charging?
Do you mean this???

I really like mine, great clean tone, especially with some thicker strings, the minihumbuckers have a good bit of bite to em but they could also use a bit more output. If you want to change them out for regular sized pickups then you would have to route the guitar some. The build quality is better than most studios. They're smaller, but IMO the perfect size. Very lightweight poplar body, feels more like an Ibanez with a large neck than a Gibson.

I really like mine. I payed $700 for it in the day. I do believe they're going to be very rare also, I dunno about the future demand though. They were only built for a year, and I dunno how many of them would be yellow, I would guess a very small amount. If you decide not to buy it for $500 lemme know, I'll definatly grab one while it lasts.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Last edited by MESAexplorer at Apr 27, 2008,
Quote by MESAexplorer
Do you mean this???

wow that is teh sex
Quote by 666_Pounder
If you don't have enough for tube get a Roland Cube.

Equipment:
Fender Squire Fat Strat Affinity series
Some cheap amp....