so today i was playing with my dual recto and i switched my bias setting from the regular 6l6 to el 34 now not knowing that my amp only came with 6l6's ( im really noob at tube amp knowladge) i changed the setting and fired her up. it was ok for a while then my amp went dead.......so my question is....am i ****ed? will i have to replace the tubes or get the whole heAD fixed? yes i am a retard
Does it still turn on?

Did you try switching it back to 6L6s to see if sound worked?

You most likely just have to change the tubes since the bias was wrong and probably burned up your power tubes really quick. Could be something more serious though.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Hey man, my buddy did the exact same thing believe it or not! You just gotta replace those tubes, they were overheated trying to power el34s! Happens to the best of em
If it doesn't turn on at all then you might want to check the fuse. It's possible that is the only problem. If it's not just the fuse then yeah, new tubes should fix it.
Not taking any online orders.
Probably a fuse....Mesa's are biased ice cold, and you shouldn't have burned up the tubes. However, 6L6s draw more voltage, so you probably tripped the fuse.
╠═══════╬═══════╣

Tap Tempo Tap Dancer of τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

MINION of the"I drive a stick cause I'm better than you!!" Club

PM TehNez or IbanezPlayer27 to join.

EHX Users Guild. Bugera Users Militia
The MXR Lounge