Page 1 of 2
got the idea from another thread. i was wondering who was the most musically succesful person on the site. as in a career in music so it makes them a comfortable living a session guitarist or drummer or bassist etc.

or just general badass ness :P

post away blowing your own trumpets or someone elses . but i really want to know now i think about it
dont let me down pit
Quote by AvengedThrice
Best thread name EVER.

Just attack 'em with some pliers dude.

about me XD

Quote by Jack Off Jill
Quote:

I wish I was gay.
18 years old, student full time, but make some money from playing with my band.
We're organising a tour for this Summer and we're hoping to get put on the bill for Bloodstock 2008
the guy from kill hannah has an account here, he posts in the body mod threads.

that count?
i think ive seen a quote fron dave mustaine on this site, im not sure if it was him but if it is, then he might be that guy
I already got Logic Pro Studio and a sound card. I'm good to go.
...Alls I needs is an iMac...
and a killer neumann mic...
dang...
Where am I gonna get $3500 so quickly...
"Strangers passing in the street, by chance two separate glances meet, and I am you and what I see is me."
Quote by PabloGilberto
18 years old, student full time, but make some money from playing with my band.
We're organising a tour for this Summer and we're hoping to get put on the bill for Bloodstock 2008

Your'e not on the Applied Music course at strathclyde are you?
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
I play guitar in my room.

I'm pretty sure I am the most successful musically here.
███████
███████████
██████████████
███████████████
█████████████
███████████████
███████████
███████

I play guitar.

AND bass!
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
I've got a lovely big iMac with Logic Pro Studio, some nice guitar gear, and I'll soon be training as a Pro Tools operator.

Nah, just kidding.

I'm Joe Satriani.
Quote by Dillona
I play guitar in my room.

I'm pretty sure I am the most successful musically here.

What!? That's so crazy! I too play in your room. Often while in the nude...
Quote by acjshapiro

Quote by Vrstone87

meh, I've listened to every radiohead album and honestly don't get what everyone loves about them.....

cause you're ****ing stupid

Quote by 3holepunch
What!? That's so crazy! I too play in your room. Often while in the nude...

hawt.
███████
███████████
██████████████
███████████████
█████████████
███████████████
███████████
███████

Quote by Dillona
hawt.

Ohhhhhh yeah.
Quote by acjshapiro

Quote by Vrstone87

meh, I've listened to every radiohead album and honestly don't get what everyone loves about them.....

There's no one successful on these boards really.
Originally posted by TestForEcho
Badreligionrock is the man.

Quote by Pinky19
Badreligionrock you have the greatest avatar of all time. Rejected is the best video. Period.
If I ever become successful, you'd better believe I would mention the pit somewhere.
Quote by acjshapiro

Quote by Vrstone87

Quote by PabloGilberto
I am not Meh but I do study in Jordanhill, and I DID try to get into that course =P

I just wondered. I'm not surprised you didn't get on (no offense, but i'm sure you know what I mean?) I looked at what it takes to get on, it's exlclusive as hell....
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
Quote by Badreligionrock
There's no one successful on these boards really.

True. Probably about 80% of Ugers only play in their room and fap(Me too.)

P.S. Your avatar is awesome
Quote by DardoBoy
I LOVE YOU

Member #29 of the I Love Hayley Williams Club PM Gibson_SG_uzr55 to join
I guess Kristopher Dahl
My cancer spot is much bigger than yours

Quote by HumBucker666
I get carrot skinned regularly by a electrified carrot skinning device

Quote by GrEgUms1991
I have a small penis if that counts?

^ some pretty awesome sh!t ( click )

Europeans Unite!
I do agree Meh!, Strathclyde's VERY VERY reluctant to allow guitarists on the course, even though they take on drummers with less rhythm than half the guitarists.
Its insane.
I can go, "Dunng da dooom ba dung da booooommmmnn... daa da boon da bonn da! Boooonggg..."
On my bass

that really is how successful I am
Ok, I'm going to blow my own horn.

I've got my cosy little indie record deal, I'm getting contacts in library music for TV and film, and I have made loads of great friends in the underground. I'm going to start gigging in the summer, and organise a tour for next year. I have quite a number of headliners from my label dotted around the UK that I can get supports with.

It can only get better from here on.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
My band are pretty big in Mongolia but we can't gig there, our drummer is scared of Ghengis Khan.
Quote by TooFast
I play guitar.

AND bass!

no offense but any guitarist can play a bass. lol
Musical success? Ok get on the "Wayback machine" with me. In the mid to late '70s I was in a band called "Quitting Katlyn". We toured most of the Eastern US for 2 years. We had offers from MCA and UA that we were in the procees of negotiating. Music was how we supported ourselves. We had 6 members. 2 guitars, bass, drums, keyboards, and a very great gal as vocalist. A traffic accident put that all to an end. I put away my guitar for a very long time. Have just recently picked it back up at the urging of my wife and kids. Now I wish I had never set it down. The joy returned first. And the desire to get back on stage is getting very hard to resist. My kids are applying great amounts of pressure to give it another go. My wife has pledged her support. But I still have a ways to go before I would feel comfy playing on stage again. But hey it's fun pushing myself again.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by kwidjibo1

I just bought a bass Friday night and I'm finding that to be not quite true.
Fuckers stole two of my strings.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Quote by kwidjibo1

This statement can be considered either true or false. Anyone can play any instrument regardless of their ability to play any other instrument but that does not mean that you can play the instrument well.
Quote by Tsunoyukami
This statement can be considered either true or false. Anyone can play any instrument regardless of their ability to play any other instrument but that does not mean that you can play the instrument well.

This is true.

The correct statement should really be:
Any guitarist can play root notes on bass.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Quote by break-me-in
This is true.

The correct statement should really be:
Any guitarist can play root notes on bass.

But is it more difficult for a guitarist to play a bass then for a bassist to play a guitar?
Methinks not.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
Quote by Jackal58
Musical success? Ok get on the "Wayback machine" with me. In the mid to late '70s I was in a band called "Quitting Katlyn". We toured most of the Eastern US for 2 years. We had offers from MCA and UA that we were in the procees of negotiating. Music was how we supported ourselves. We had 6 members. 2 guitars, bass, drums, keyboards, and a very great gal as vocalist. A traffic accident put that all to an end. I put away my guitar for a very long time. Have just recently picked it back up at the urging of my wife and kids. Now I wish I had never set it down. The joy returned first. And the desire to get back on stage is getting very hard to resist. My kids are applying great amounts of pressure to give it another go. My wife has pledged her support. But I still have a ways to go before I would feel comfy playing on stage again. But hey it's fun pushing myself again.

How old are you, may I ask?
And not very, I got given a freddo frog for swallowing a jazz III (Which I didn't actually swallow)
Master of cunning
Quote by KileManA7X
You sir, are an honorary genius! Take this badge, you made us proud!
Quote by Viva-la-mark
How old are you, may I ask?
And not very, I got given a freddo frog for swallowing a jazz III (Which I didn't actually swallow)
Master of cunning

I'll be 50 in June.
And perhaps I'm having a senior moment but wtf is the second part about.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Quote by Ichimaru
But is it more difficult for a guitarist to play a bass then for a bassist to play a guitar?
Methinks not.

I don't know what position you just took, but I'd say they're about equal if it's a good bassist.

I learnt bass for a year before I picked up guitar and I was able to play powerchords and some basic songs straightaway (I mean really straightaway, as soon as I picked up a guitar, I played a power chord-based song...)
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
^Yeah, I was thinking that. I do hope you haven't taken an interest in bass-swallowing for a living
Umm yeah, I've no real success - Played a few venues I should nowhere near be playing at, made a name for myself. No financial success or anything, but it was good times, and I've done a lot better than a lot of musicians around me have with better resources
The rig:
Gibson SG faded special -> Marshall MG 50/100 (working on a valve amp)
Backup: Vintage AV1
Newcastle United
Page 1 of 2