Okay so i want to change pickups, but i have no idea about the configuration stuff. Are you supposed to put high output ones in the bridge and lower ones in the neck? How about the single non-humbucker ones in the middle? I play mostly rock, alternative, and a bit of metal. Any suggestions? Money is no object.
What kind of pickup configuration are you talking about? Also, do you live in the US or Europe? This will effect what brands are easily available to you, since if "money is no object," you should get custom handwound pickups.
Hi, I'm Peter
my pickup config is hsh, and i live in canada. I've never heard of custom wound pickups...but i'm not gonna spend over like 500 bucks for pickups alone.
Quote by toasty_alcohol
my pickup config is hsh, and i live in canada. I've never heard of custom wound pickups...but i'm not gonna spend over like 500 bucks for pickups alone.

what about $400?
TO ALL MY KILLERS AND MY HUNDRED DOLLAR BILLERS...
...TO EMO KIDS THAT GOT TOO MANY FEELINGS
Quote by toasty_alcohol
Okay so i want to change pickups, but i have no idea about the configuration stuff. Are you supposed to put high output ones in the bridge and lower ones in the neck? How about the single non-humbucker ones in the middle? I play mostly rock, alternative, and a bit of metal. Any suggestions? Money is no object.

*sigh*

current amp?
current guitar?

what is it about the tone that you don't like?
how would you like it to sound after you've changed pickups?
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
guitar is an ibanez rg350dx, amp is a fender fm212 solid state. The neck pickup sounds muddy and it makes a loud pop when i switch to the bridge position
Then save your money - the pop is dodgy wiring or the switch, the mud is coming from the amp, not the pickups...changing them isn't going to help matters.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com