I'm left handed and have a 400 dollar budget. should i get a epiphone s-400 or some sort of fender. i play rock and punk and that kind of stuff
either one, go out and find out for your self. If you ask a bunch of strangers what the right guitar for you would be then you're likely going to end up with the wrong guitar. If I were to say one or the other it would only be my opinion which doesn't matter in the least when it comes to you finding a new guitar...
Quote by david_highland
either one, go out and find out for your self. If you ask a bunch of strangers what the right guitar for you would be then you're likely going to end up with the wrong guitar. If I were to say one or the other it would only be my opinion which doesn't matter in the least when it comes to you finding a new guitar...

+1

to every "which guitar should i buy" thread...
Thank you please.
Quote by david_highland
Urgh, a millions times this.

I don't get why people ask "what/why/which should I buy/would be best/etc". It's obvious that unless you try everything and pick it out yourself, other people's advice is going to just lead you to buying something unsuitable. If you're that clueless that you have to be asking strangers on the internet what you should spend your money on, then you probably shouldn't be buying anything at all.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
My 1st guitar was an epiphone les paul custom and still is but it don't really work for the type of music i got into i started out bein a jimmy page fan but most of the music i play now isnt well suited to the les paul nd ill never have enuff money to buy a strat lol i wish i could trade it for 1 its worth the same as a standard strat it sucks not havin the rite guitar it rlly does
Go to a store and try it out, most stores will have a g400 and a mim strat in left handed versions.
Epi SG G400 Lefty
Modded Valve Junior
Noisy Cricket 1/2 Watt

Toneport GX
i say try em out, see which one sounds better to your ears, has an overall better feel, and makes you want to never put it down. buy that one
Quote by MrFlibble
Urgh, a millions times this.

I don't get why people ask "what/why/which should I buy/would be best/etc". It's obvious that unless you try everything and pick it out yourself, other people's advice is going to just lead you to buying something unsuitable. If you're that clueless that you have to be asking strangers on the internet what you should spend your money on, then you probably shouldn't be buying anything at all.

So you're saying that people shouldn't ask on the internet for recommendations for gears, yet you posted a thread about buying a H-S-H that isn't a super-strat.
im just asking for an opinion and obviously i would be stupid if i bought a guitar without playing and if you didn't want to give me an opinion why did you click on the link in the first place?
I have heard (so dont take my word for it) that epiphone standards (ie les paul standard or g-400) are as good, if not better, quality than that of mim fenders...
Quote by RetroGunslinger
this is like comparing a flushing toilet to a hole in the ground
Quote by tome567
im just asking for an opinion and obviously i would be stupid if i bought a guitar without playing and if you didn't want to give me an opinion why did you click on the link in the first place?

we're just saying to try this instead:

hey guys i'm going to store suchandsuch soon to play these two guitars Again and i'm really torn. What experiences have you guys had with these two models (be more specific as to which) and has anyone played both and if so which did you prefer? Oh, and i play this kind of music and like these kinds of bands and my amp and pedal are this. you know what i mean.

After you have used to Search bar to to check all the similar threads.

you've been around a while looks like so you know what to do.

Otherwise, +1 to the fact that i'm a stranger and those are two completely seperate types of guitars.

;
dont go with MIM fender before trying the VM squier model
My Gear

Squier VM p-bass(i chosed it over a fender!!!) with quarter pounder and gotoh 201!!
fender MIM P bass
epiphone SG 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by tome567

we're just saying to try this instead:

hey guys i'm going to store suchandsuch soon to play these two guitars Again and i'm really torn. What experiences have you guys had with these two models (be more specific as to which) and has anyone played both and if so which did you prefer? Oh, and i play this kind of music and like these kinds of bands and my amp and pedal are this. you know what i mean.

After you have used to Search bar to to check all the similar threads.

you've been around a while looks like so you know what to do.

Otherwise, +1 to the fact that i'm a stranger and those are two completely seperate types of guitars.

Ok to that i apologize
go with fender. better playability.
Gear:
-Fender American Deluxe Strat HSS
-Fender Twin Reverb '65 Reissue
-And all the fuzz a man needs
Quote by Emo-Slayer
save 20 mor bucks and get an epiphon eles paul standard

I would but there a hundred more left handed
i think we respect the fact that you are left handed. it does make it more difficult as i can only imagine. fender obviously has a leg up in this catagory. take no offense to my earlier post but there are so many 'which this and which that' everyday as it makes it harder for you actually as the person with the question to get good answers.

i did not do this but try Searching on left handed guitars or quality of X over quality of Y as a title. trust me i've made the same mistakes so do not take anything personally (ever).

these two guitars are on opposide sides of the spectrum imo so try them both if you can and try to narrow down what feels right and the music you want to play and the look i guess of what you want. these are both good starter guitars and to be honest there are some that are great and there are some that are not so great - you have to find that perfect one. every guitar, even the most expensive ones have bad days in production so you never really know until you play thru it.

also things like: neck feel, fret hight, number of frets, how it tunes, how to change strings, how to swap pickup, etc are all things one should consider.

i think you already know that and good luck in your search.

my decision is obviously in sig

;
Two VERY different guitars. Try them both out and see what you like. Personally, out of the two I would go with the Fender because the quality is far superior to an Epi.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Gibson DC Pro Custom shop
Fender American Stratocaster - Vintage custom
Fender Squier Strat
Fender Standard Telecaster