hey ya'all, im writing a 3000 word essay on the history of photography in music, ill be of course using iconic photographs but thats as far as i can think, yes i hate essays, i was just wondering if you guys could give me some help, some opinions as to what to add or maybe a good site with some information on the subject, help would be greatly appreciated

cheers
when irish eyes are smiling, you've had to too much to drink cus eyes dont smile, mouths do
Here's some suggestions...

Speaks for itself!

Symbolic of them looking to the future, of exploring new musical terrain. Beatles for Sale, which this was the cover of, was one of the last of their 50's influenced pop-rock albums, from then on they began to move forward with more complex music

talk about the apparent symbolism of this! ("Paul is Dead conspiracy")
Rage Against the Machine using the picture of the buddist monk burning himself for they're first album cover
Quote by masterk1818
Ya well when i wrestle/play with my dog he sometimes jumps on my back and starts humping me. But should he be doing this if he is neutered?

Quote by InvaderTSN
Wrestle with him naked. He'll ruv you rong time.

flickr
Quote by SeveralSpecies

....no homo?
^ i think that beatles for sale explanation is a stretch , but the other two are definitely important. also, the london calling album cover picture.

My mind is going. I can feel it.
I was thinking of this when reading a photography book today. I tried to change the subject to music, and thought of a few good ones then forgot them. Their are some awesome shots of Cobain around though, ofc. nevermind. Blue and Green by Weezer and the iconic punk photos, notably london calling cover and ramones.

Finally! Just looking at the pictures paid off.
Quote by Havok19
Rage Against the Machine using the picture of the buddist monk burning himself for they're first album cover

That photo wasn't made famous by them though, Malcolm Browne took it, he's awesome.
Posted By Joth
BassyJoey has a sweet toosh!
Quote by BassyJoey
That photo wasn't made famous by them though, Malcolm Browne took it, he's awesome.

exactly, thanks for the replies people but im looking to do it on photos of musicians or maybe the crowd at a gig, as long as its iconic, not album covers that have iconic images of something else that doesnt relate to music on them, id also like to add the type of cameras used back in the day and what they use now, if there are any camera wizzes out there with the knowledge that would be great or if you know of some websites, i have been searching for a while now and cant find anything!
when irish eyes are smiling, you've had to too much to drink cus eyes dont smile, mouths do

Hope these pics help
Quote by Diet_coke_head
I love taking a nice dip of some horse shit, so good.
Quote by thankyougermany

Hope these pics help

they do indeed, thanks for your time

Idk... photography in music seems like a pretty narrow subject matter to me. but this is what I came up with.
Quote by TinPants

Idk... photography in music seems like a pretty narrow subject matter to me. but this is what I came up with.

i know what you mean, which is why it is increasingly difficult to make a 3000 word essay based on it lol

A Pulitzer award-winning shot of mr. Anselmo from Pantera.

And I like how the dog is pissing on the message in the Claplton message.
Quote by Renka

And I like how the dog is pissing on the message in the Claplton message.

Yeah, it would suggest that he dosn't like dogs and vice versa, doesn't it? which is weird, cos I think he's always had pet dogs at some point or another

"The dog is symbolic of rival blues guitarists at the time...or possibly is symbolic of public skepticism at the infamous graffiti, as most likely it was a publicity stunt by the Bluesbreaker's PR men"

Symbolism ftw!!!