I feel really stuck, I can play quite a few ‘intermediate’ metal songs, but I want to learn advanced songs with shredding solos like CoB. Can anyone name some pieces I should learn to be able to get out of my rut (I’m finding it really hard to progress). I was thinking maybe some Machine Head stuff from the Blackening would help (it sounds hard, but not TOO hard). Please help me!
hmm how about you give us some examples of what you consider "intermediate" songs
Children of Bodom is advanced????????......................wow.

Their stuff is fast yeah, but not overly complicated. Try out some Necrophagist.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Quote by Skullmage4
I can play pretty much all BFMV, Symphony Of Destruction by Megadeth and Halo by Machine Head

Can you also play the solos for those songs at their correct tempo? Knowing that should help us a bit more.
Last edited by -efx- at Apr 27, 2008,
why not try to play some older metallica and thrash solo's. or if you want something really hard try to play rusty cooley, without mistakes. war of the angels is an awesome song but i haven't found any tabs yet...

Current Rig:
Ltd EC1000 deluxe
Ltd FX260
Peavey Valveking 112
Shure Super 55
Shure Pg 58
Behringer Kx1200
Quote by foo_diddles
why not try to play some older metallica and thrash solo's. or if you want something really hard try to play rusty cooley, without mistakes. war of the angels is an awesome song but i haven't found any tabs yet...

You know he is right, you should consider playing old Metallica songs and Other thrash musicians... They are quite helpful for your involvement.
Guilty as charge
Gear:
Ibanez RGT42BP (pimped)

Amp:
Ibanez Toneblaster 250

Other:
Tremolo from Boss
Footswitch to Toneblaster 250.
Korg AX3000G