This uncle-ish guy I know has one. I went to set up a printer for him, and he showed me his Harmony Les Paul (meh) and a Kramer Bass with the aluminum fretboard.

He has had it since the beginning of 1981.

This things is in pretty much brand new condition. There are three (that's THREE) total scratches on it, all on the control cavity plate. It is in perfect shape.

What is this worth? He doesn't play anymore, and this is part of his "junk" collection that he will probably be selling. I'd like to buy this off him if it's a decent bass, but I might even be able to get it for free since the guy really likes me.

I'm not out to screw him either. This is a real cool guy. Don't tell me to just try and mooch it off of him.

Thanks for any help guys!
Quote by Atomic48
Model would be nice to know when determining price.

It looked like a Stagemaster Imperial.
yeah...they were made from '76 to '85 so pretty much any one u see will be vintage and it came with a couple of different models. as far as price...between $100-$1000+ depending on model and condition. if u want u can go here to find the model number and search its value...HOPE IT HELPS!!!
My pedalboard is worth more than my car, but that doesn't say much for either.
Quote by underoath0902
yeah...they were made from '76 to '85 so pretty much any one u see will be vintage and it came with a couple of different models. as far as price...between $100-$1000+ depending on model and condition. if u want u can go here to find the model number and search its value...HOPE IT HELPS!!!

That his exactly what his looked like. I found this on the vintagekramer site.

It is a model DMZ6000B.
Quote by ketiov

That his exactly what his looked like. I found this on the vintagekramer site.

It is a model DMZ6000B.

Woah, my local shop has a bass just like that sitting in their back room. I don't remember the exact price tag it had on it, but it was under $1000 I think, but theirs was in much worse condition.
Just remember...

"If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate."

Kramer:
DMZ6000B Bass-
1979-1980. double cut, aluminum neck, slotted headstock, 2 pickups, crown inlays.
$400 - $550 (2005 Price Guide).
relativly rare, nice bass to own. will only increase in value.