A is already pretty low, like Sunn low.
but there are doom bands such as Corrupted that probably have used G# like you..

id be really interested to know this actually
I think nile takes the cake thats the lowest I have heard. Drop A tuning. lol. Need at least 10 gauges.
ESP Eclipse-II VTB (With 18v Mod)
Randall RG75
Tapco Mix60
New Zealand
a band called Oceansize have a song in Drop G.

cant remember what song tho

btw My Plague by SlipKnot is another in Drop A
Quote by fleajr_1412
You have amazing taste in men.

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.
Quote by Dopey_Trout
a band called Oceansize have a song in Drop G.

cant remember what song tho

btw My Plague by SlipKnot is another in Drop A

Yeah, but Slipknow uses 7 string guitars. If we were to go that way, I think Meshugga woud win, what with the 8 string guitars.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
Quote by Blackvelvet
I do beilive i said 6 string. I think Morticain wins. Unless they use 7 or 8ers?

That's what I was saying; that slipknot didn't count.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
Quote by SG Man Forever
Yeah, but Slipknow uses 7 string guitars. If we were to go that way, I think Meshugga woud win, what with the 8 string guitars.

Slipknot didn't use 7 strings as far as I know. I've never seen anything saying that they did except for a few people on here, which generally requires backing up as a reference.
Quote by SG Man Forever

Where did you hear that Slipknot uses 7 string guitars? I've never heard that or seen them use them live.
Quote by GITARdud391
Where did you hear that Slipknot uses 7 string guitars? I've never heard that or seen them use them live.

I personally hate slipknot, but they don't use 7 strings, they use downtuned 6 strings in BEADGB or something like that tuning
My band (Vocals/Lead Guitar)
www.myspace.com/kilmoreband

Guitars:
(Main) Gibson LP Studio (Duncan JazzB/Jazzn)
(B) Fender Strat (Lace Sensor Red/Silver/Blue)
(BU) BC Rich NJ Exotic Classic Rich Bich (Mustaine LW)
Amps: Line 6 HD 147
Quote by Oudy
I personally hate slipknot, but they don't use 7 strings, they use downtuned 6 strings in BEADGB or something like that tuning

Yeah all the tab's that I've seen of theirs says the tuning they use is like drop B, like really low. But they still use 6 strings.
Quote by ch715dallat
Sunn O))))

Are they any good? me and my friend saw them in JB and laughed trying to say the name correct. Like "sunn ooooooooooo" like sunny ooooooooooo or something. But to the point. Good?
Quote by thepatient002
Are they any good? me and my friend saw them in JB and laughed trying to say the name correct. Like "sunn ooooooooooo" like sunny ooooooooooo or something. But to the point. Good?

they're named after a brand of amps http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sunn and they kind of incorporated the full logo into the name

they're very....interesting. The frequencies in their stuff make me physically feel ill
probably because of something along the lines of http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infrasound#Infrasonic_17_Hz_tone_experiment
Quote by GITARdud391

They dont, but most people think that because the guitarist is called seven
Quote by thepatient002

You have to be in a sunn mood to listen to them.

Not everyone can sit for 20+ minutes listening to a song which probably only uses as many individual strums as an ordinary 3 minute song