HeY Im looking for a tube amp that is loud enough for a small to medium sized gig. It will be used for mostly classic rock maybe a little blues. Im looking to spend like 300$
but i can go higher. Also, I use ebay a lot to get gear for a lower price or sometimes used instead of uying brand new stuff as long as it works i dont care
squier starter amp
squier bullet strat
epiphone les paul custom elitist with duncans
blackheart handsome devil
peavey vyper

98% of teens have been around or have had alcohol. Put this in your sig if you like bagels.
Last edited by soundfx444 at Apr 26, 2008,
dude close this thread. you have one already that i already /thread by the way...
i tried to delete it but it wouldnt delete for some screwed up reason
squier starter amp
squier bullet strat
peavey vyper

98% of teens have been around or have had alcohol. Put this in your sig if you like bagels.
Thanks
squier starter amp
squier bullet strat
peavey vyper

blackheart and OD pedal.

or epi valve jr. w/ OD pedal if you want a lil less versatility for lil less.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
im thinking about the peavey classic 30 or 50 both used but hoe loud do the epi valve jr and the black heart get, if i got them they would be in the half stack prolly
squier starter amp
squier bullet strat
peavey vyper

loud enough to be heard w/ band. i was able to hear mine today during praise and worship rehearsal....in fact i was told by the rhythm guitarist to 'turn it down some' while it was at half volume on the 3 watt mode...

and yes i COULD hear clean too. maybe the mini stack gets slightly more volume than the combo i dunno, but i COULD definitely hear myself w/ the drummer. though don't expect to drown the drummer out lol.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
how about the black heart? I like to have versatility
squier starter amp
squier bullet strat
peavey vyper

yea i was talkin bout the blackheart. it will do everything from clean jazzy stuff to blues, to classic rock, to modern rock, to thrashy type metal (w/ an OD). so if you do anything over classic rock get an OD pedal. and if you want to play heavy metal or anything w/ more gain than that, get a metal muff. it's british voiced, not american. so the distortion isn't gonna be very 'dark' sounding like death metal usually is. that's my only beef lol....it's the only thing it can't do. but that's what my randall is for
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
You'd have more versatility with the peavey I'd reckon. If your drummer is loud in the least he's gonna overwhelm any 5 watt amp.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
It sounds like a good amp but i need it for like a gig with like 300 to 400 people and the pa system is really ****ty and not working right so will it be loud enough to be heard over the drummer
squier starter amp
squier bullet strat
peavey vyper

well the blackheart will keep up w/ a heavy drummer, maybe not an aggressive ape on the set, but heavy drummer should be alrite. but yea i guess the peavey would at least be guaranteed not to have volume issues JUST IN CASE.

i need to play one of these classic 30s eventually. just for fun anyways.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
ya havent played one either but ive asked ppl and alot of people like them
squier starter amp
squier bullet strat
peavey vyper