Nope, no one at the moment that are just starting the instrument. There is no current noobs in the world of bass. There is Only people who have been playing for over a year...

/sarcasm

......what's the point of this thread?
Gear:

Basses:
2008 American Standard Fender Jazz
Ibanez SRX300
Amp(s):
Ashdown MAG 300 C410T + 1x15
Effects:
SansAmp 3-Channel Bass Driver D.I.
I'm more of a bass middler myself.
Les Claypool
Geddy Lee
Robert DeLeo
Flea

Weileder

...Coincidence? I think not.
through my experiences, I count us all beginners... for we have all but touched on what bass may do.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Quote by the humanity
through my experiences, I count us all beginners... for we have all but touched on what bass may do.

I didn't know we had any philosophers in UGBass, I though we were all loud mouthed jerks who except no outside criticism.

If you count 2 years as a beginner, I guess I am.
GAS List:
Nothing
My child, aren't we all but beginners in the game of life?

As far as bass is concerned however, I am a master.

<_<
>_>

In the bass chat:

<Jon> take the quote of me out your sig plx
<Jon> i hate seeing what i said around lol

Leader of the Bass Militia PM to join!

And now on BANDCAMP!

Officially the funniest member of the Bass Forum.
so you can create a groove in all styles past, present, and future, while standing on your head, with a t-bird?

I think not, Master Nut.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
I would consider myself a "three-year" (not beginner, Semi-pro, etc.) bassist, but yes there are millions.

Quote by the humanity
so you can create a groove in all styles past, present, and future, while standing on your head, with a t-bird?

That would be a horrible idea. Even upside down, the T-bird's neck dive would hit you right in the face.
Gear
Peavy Basic 60 bass amp
Fender American Precison W/Quarter pounders
SX SPJ-62
Acoustic B100
SX SJB-75 LTD NA
Last edited by JobyByTheNight at Apr 27, 2008,
imma bass n00b, 3 months experience
I've seen some things man and some stuff, and i don't recommend it
Quote by jazz_rock_feel
More importantly, what makes one not a beginner any more? Is it a standardized set of exams, number of years playing, quality of grooves as judged by Jaco Pastorius at the fiery gates of hell?

pfftt, Jaco was a n00b.

But as for everyone being a beginner, I totally don't agree. No one is perfect, but John Entwistle, Jaco, Victor Wooten, Steve Bailey, and tons of other guys sure as hell aren't beginners.
i started playing bass 2 months ago played guitar for 2 years tough i just started learning slap
Vintage V-100, EMG 81&60
Chapman ML-1

Jet City JCA20H
Quote by SquierLolz
i started playing bass 2 months ago played guitar for 2 years tough i just started learning slap

Is it only me that gets annoyed when people insist on saying how long they have played guitar. Don't you people realise this is the bass forum and your guitar playing prowess, as good as it may be, dose not impress us....

[/rant]

I'm about a year into bass now, so yeah I'm a begginer
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
I've played guitar for 4 years, and bass for 2 months, so I'm a beginner on bass.
8th member of Right-handed guitarists who are actually Left-handed group.

Quote by freedoms_stain
Although when it comes to quality Metallica take a big steaming turd on the Spice Girls faces (and you know the ginger one is loving it)...
Quote by ChemicalFire
Is it only me that gets annoyed when people insist on saying how long they have played guitar. Don't you people realise this is the bass forum and your guitar playing prowess, as good as it may be, dose not impress us....

[/rant]

I'm about a year into bass now, so yeah I'm a begginer

i didnt mension itfor that but so to mension that im ot total n00b
Vintage V-100, EMG 81&60
Chapman ML-1

Jet City JCA20H
Quote by Flummery
I didn't know we had any philosophers in UGBass, I though we were all loud mouthed jerks who accept no outside criticism.

If you count 2 years as a beginner, I guess I am.

Fixed.

Ohhh the irony!!
Quote by JobyByTheNight

That would be a horrible idea. Even upside down, the T-bird's neck dive would hit you right in the face.

Master Nutter practices the ancient art of Shakubuku bass playing (it's a philosophical branch of arcane bass knowledge). Its when you receive a swift spiritual kick to the head that alters your reality and bass playing forever.

I think getting clocked in the face by a T bird neck while playing upside down qualifies for a master in that discipline.

And yes, I'm still an acolyte in playing bass having only played 2 1/2 years. I hope to reach my next level by the end of this year, and each day brings additional skills. Its just how life is!
i'm just pretty ****ing awesome
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
Typically, someone playing a half an hour a day for three years is less of a beginner than someone playing an hour a week for 10 years.

And threadstarter, assuming this isn't a hit and run (which it currently is) thread, judging by your thread content, yes, there's at least one beginner here
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Quote by anarkee
Master Nutter practices the ancient art of Shakubuku bass playing (it's a philosophical branch of arcane bass knowledge). Its when you receive a swift spiritual kick to the head that alters your reality and bass playing forever.

I think getting clocked in the face by a T bird neck while playing upside down qualifies for a master in that discipline.

Ahahah I can just picture someone getting their nose broken by the headstock of a thunderbird. That would be awesome.
Gear
Peavy Basic 60 bass amp
Fender American Precison W/Quarter pounders
SX SPJ-62
Acoustic B100
SX SJB-75 LTD NA
I started on a T-bird, so the neck dive has turned into awkwardly raising the neck on other basses. So, I forsee myself smacking myself in the face at some point in the near future. Also, I am a beginner. But I'm apparently not that terrible at bass.
Quote by thefitz

And threadstarter, judging by your thread content, yes, there's at least one beginner here

genius! found only in the UG Bass forum. tell your friends!

and to steal a phrase. "The more you know, the more you learn how much, you don't know.
contrary to my join date i am no noob....i've found however that playing fast doesn't mean you're any good. knowing theory is much more important than being able to mash random notes out quickly. if you know theory, you can mash out notes fast and make it sound good!
I've been playing a year and five months, but I think I'm more towards the intermediate side. Playing guitar for two years before definitely helped me with the jump, but it was indeed a new instrument.
Millie, my Peavey Grind Fiver
Peavey BAM 210 350w combo amp
Sansamp Bass Driver DI
Modded Ernie Ball VP Jr.
Monster Bass Cable, 21'

Quote by NakedBassist
Welcome to bass, you'll f*cking love it
ive been playing bass for like a year and a half and people consider me gifted. so i guess im not a beginner. but im a beginner finger popper. but i can do 16 notes with my thumb slapping and poping. lol.
blemonese of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join
Quote by camhussynec
Its like getting anal for the first time. It hurts like hell but eventully ull get used to it and itll feel fine

Thanks for nothing